- Griffin Reinhart: Oil team captain, WHL Champion, playoff MVP and now Memorial Cup champion. Edmonton beat the heavily favorited Guelph Storm 6-3 in Sunday's Mastercard Memorial Cup final at London, Ontario. The Oil Kings site has the full recap and video, while Slam Sports says the win was all about perseverance.
- Larry Brooks with effusive praise for the Islanders' Halak signing? And a trade push for Kris Letang? What was in his chamomile on Saturday night?
- Meanwhile, Steve Simmons needs to pad his Sunday column and uses Garth Snow as crumpled up newspaper.
- Eric Hornick recounts his personal recollection from May 24, 1980 and the OT goal heard 'round Long Island.
- Some harsh year-end Islanders grades from Isles Talk.
- What to do with Kevin Poulin and Anders Nilsson? [Capitol District Islander]
- The Rangers go up 3 games to 1 on the Canadiens after an OT win in Game 4 on Sunday night. Martin St. Louis, with literally no one else on his side of the ice, scores the game winner.
- The NHL is totally in the bag for the Habs. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Whoops. Sorry. I meant to say the NHL is totally in the bag for the Rangers. [Eyes on the Prize]
- Kings-Blackhawks Game 4 is tonight at 9. Los Angeles is up 2-1 in the series.
- Big cities in the final four mean big money for Bettman and buddies. Isn't that swell? [Globe n' Mail]
- Also celebrating a Stanley Cup anniversary this weekend are the glorious 1989 Calgary Flames. [Matchsticks and Gasoline]
- Buyer beware of Matt Niskanen. [Defending Big D]
- The Flyers need to make a deal with the Predators. But not for who you think. [Philly.com]
- Ex-NHLers need help and aren't getting it from the Alumni. [Toronto Star]
- Canada's game is a British creation? Bloody hell! [Toronto Sun]
Be sure to remember today those who lost their lives while serving. We couldn't be enjoying this silliness without them.
- [Bits/Weekend Thread] Happy Dynasty Birthday; Halak, stock and barrel; Fans heart Frans
- [Bits] Halak-aday Weekend; (still) Grading Griffin; London Falling; Ice Iced
- Snowy's Choice: Isles give 2015 First Round Pick to Buffalo, Satisfy No One (except Sabres fans)
- Halak Me Now? Islanders sign goalie to 4-year, $18 million contract
- [Bits] Vexing Vanek; Robinson Returns; Stats n' Stuff; IIHF Quarters,