It's Wednesday. Do you know where your Memorial Day (U.S.) plans are?
- Looking through the goalie options for the Isles. (Remember, they need two.) [Knight of Cups]
- And options for aging free agent left wing. [Islanders Insight]
- Musing on the prospects of an Isles sale and Barroway. [Capital District Islander]
- At the Memorial Cup, Griffin Reinhart's Oil Kings lost in double OT, so they may have to play their way back into the semifinal. Meanwhile, something up with Griff?
- Hey, maybe Wayne Gretzky will end up in charge of [insert team here], where [insert team] is the Islanders. [THN] Or the Capitals. [Puck Daddy] Let's play this game forever. (Also: Ha, Doug MacLean(!))
- At the IIHF World Championship, the U.S. beat Germany, 5-4 -- Matt Donovan scored while Johnny Gaudreau starred -- and will play the Czech Republic in a quarterfinal Thursday.
- Everyone pile on Vanek. [Dee Karl at HockeyBuzz | NHL]
- Miro Satan has retired. Long live Satan. [Puck Daddy | IIHF]
- The Kings and Hawks resume with Game 2 tonight. Here is talk of their top lines. [NHL]
- This is what the playoffs do: A man goes 14 games without a goal, then scores in two games, and it's called "a resurgence." [NHL on Nash]
- Sounds like Jim Benning will be named GM in Vancouver. Here's an overview of all the offseason firings and openings. [Grantland]
- Speaking of which, "man, Vancouver's drafting really has been inexcusably awful for over a decade now." [CanucksArmy]
- The Habs are trailing the Rangers, in part thanks to a player they gave up in possibly the worst trade in their franchise history. [Willis at Bleacher]
- Mike Richards is a fourth liner these days for the Kings. Why is he aging so soon? [PPP]
- Steve Simmons has "covered" the NHL for three decades, so he has a discerning eye, says Steve Simmons. [SLAM]
- Rebuttal: "So either Simmons’ stats guy is a moron or Simmons is making things up." [mc79hockey]
- This is a chart that shows you the minutes played by age group for forwards. And this is the same for defensemen. [Hot Twitter action, @TravisHeHateMe]
- Ooh look, a Steigerwald rants about people ranting about Sidney Crosby. [Indiana Gazette]
- The Red Wings have a bunch of leaders...but is something just not right there? [Winging it in Motown]
- TJ Oshie would like to be on the cover of your sports video game. Any sports video game. [Awful Announcing]
- Not hockey: This is what the "bag men" who move cash to NCAA football players, prospects and families are like. [SB Nation]