Four playoff games take place today, beginning with Boston trying to close out the Wings at 3 p.m. EDT. Enjoy the action, chime in below as you like.
Islanders Discussion Fodder
- For Islanders stuff, you can check how the players reflect on memorable moments of their season, from Kyle Okposo' "U-S-A" OT winner over Chicago -- I could use that right about now -- to Calvin de Haan having his "Oh, that's Crosby" moment. [Isles]
- "The Edmonton Oilers signed Jesse Joensuu last summer, which inspired Teemu Hartikainen’s flight to Russia. A year later, its not at all clear it was the correct choice. ... And Joensuu, absolutely no screaming hell, is signed for another season!" [Lowetide] Some quotes on the Finn Named Jesse there from Doug Weight, too.
- The Islanders Booster Club rounded up a care package to send to that kid in Winnipeg. [HockeyBuzz]
- Chris Botta's update on what he's hearing regarding the Isles sale efforts. [SBJ/SBD] We riffed on that and the Bettman comments here. [LHH]
- The Capitals fired Adam Oates! And George McPhee! [NHL | Japers' | SB Nation analysis]
- The smartest spenders in sports 2014. Kind of skewed because the NHL cap really narrows the spending gap. [BusinessWeek]
- The Penguins are fighting their own heritage... [Pennlive]
- ...or their own poorly constructed bottom six. [mc79hockey]
- It's not like Fleury is the problem though. Or at least not in that familiar way. [NHL]
- Revamped Key Arena may be "key" (see what we did there?) for Seattle's NHL bid. (Aside: That's crazy, who puts a hockey team in a venue built for basketball?) [Seattle Times]
Enjoy the games! Or the Saturday. Or the beer. Or juice, whatever.