Starting you off this morning: Sale-schmail, TV for the Isles pups at the IIHF WC, and at least one Isles team is in the playoffs and doing well:
- Gary Bettman, who only answers questions on topics he feels are productive to talk about, told the Associated Press that the Islanders have lots of interest but Charles Wang has made "no firm decision to sell." As you were. [Newsday | LHH]
- From the break-up days, everybody loves Brock Nelson. [Isles]
- Matt Carkner was on NHL Live and talked about his long journey to making the NHL. [Isles]
- Should the Isles send this year's pick to Buffalo? (No.) Point and counterpoint. [Point Blank]
- The Isles ECHL affiliate in Stockton swept the first round. [Soundin' Off]
- Also via that link, good news: NBCS will televise all U.S. games from the World Championship, beginning May 9 against the hosts. [Times Union]
- How good is a "replacement level" goalie? We probably shouldn't talk about that. [SB Nation]
- Because gawking at Marc-Andre Fleury never gets old: Why he's the worst playoff goalie (with bonus GIFs from last year's Isles series) [SB Nation] Why his career hinges on Game 5 [theScore] If GIFs aren't your thing, here are some videos of Fleury behaving badly. [theScore]
- Seriously, you playoff teams: Stop sitting on two-goal leads. [SB Nation] Wait...I thought only the Islanders blew two-goal leads. You mean to tell me 29 other teams play hockey too?!
- Last night's playoffs, in one pretty package. [SB Nation]
- Pierre McGuire -- who three seconds after Boston's OT winner was scored last night credited Claude Julien for the victory -- likes to reference junior hockey a lot. [Awful Announcing]
- Anyway, the Wild also won last night, tying their series with Colorado after absolutely bludgeoning them in shot attempts. It's all coach Patrick Roy's credit/fault/narrative goes here.
- Would you like a job at ESPN? "Production Analytics is a multidisciplinary group where all members have deep knowledge of sports, statistics, databases, programming logic and languages, and storytelling." Must know how to talk about Brett Favre, Tim Tebow, and also Brett Favre. [ESPN Careers]
Tonight's Sutter presser fun: Walks in, stops on a dime to pick up/throw away tiny piece of trash. Mutters "vacuum cleaner"— Rich Hammond (@Rich_Hammond) April 25, 2014