Hope everyone spent their Easter eating, enjoying family and watching ton(ne)s of playoff hockey.
- There was a light buzz about potential Islanders bidders this weekend. Here's Dom's take. Meanwhile, Tony Stabile at Hockey This Week hears some things about a deal being closer than first thought.
- Larry Brooks thinks this whole draft lottery charity thing is a blight on the upstanding charter members of the National League of Hockey and Hunting Club. Islanders Insight disagrees with that assessment.
Around the NHL:
- Playoff stuff. Flyers win and tie their series with the Rangers, Canadiens win and go up 3-0 on Tampa Bay in a wild affair.
- Boston's Brendan Smith tempted Death and Death laughed in his face.
- Brent Seabrook tried to pry David Backes' head off his neck on Saturday and was suspended for three games, which will be an issue for the Blackhawks, who are already down two games to none. Our own Eric Morris looks at Backes' scary concussion and response.
- The Ducks have gotten a lot of scoring from their bottom six this year. Will that be a problem in the playoffs? [Dellow at Sportsnet]
- The Senators finances are some of the Earth's Greatest Mysteries. Travis Yost looks at their claims of carrying an expensive scouting staff (includes an educated guess at the sizes of scouting staffs across the NHL).
- Nazim Kadri is a very, very good young player. So, naturally, Leafs fans are terrified he'll be traded. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Outgoing Predators coach Barry Trotz took out an ad in The Tennesseean thanking the people of Nashville. [Pete Weber's Twitter]
- As the Bible says, Jesus was resurrected, left the cave and apparently went to a Bruins game with some bros while everyone freaked out. [Puck Daddy]
- Easter Hockey Bits: Bridgeport season ends without a goal
- New York Islanders Sale Talks: Mysterious Billionaire Hockey Fan Might Decide to Bid after the Weekend
- 2014 NHL Playoff Pick 'em: Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild [Saturday playoff thread]
- 2014 NHL Playoff Pick 'em: Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings [Friday watch thread]
- IIHF World Championship: Colin McDonald Joins Nelson, Donovan for Team USA