Welcome to the 2014 Islanders off-season. Please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times. Teams in the playoffs may pass at any moment.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | IPB by our man Quinn | Islanders | Die by the Blade
- The Skinny from the season finale: Josh Bailey had two more assists, continuing his career pattern of strong finishes. Bailey is 29-44-73 in 124 March/April games and 37-67-104 in 282 October thru February games.
- From a few days ago: the dream of Justin Johnson, who just yesterday stared death in the face and laughed. [Point Blank]
- The Sound Tigers are just hoping to finish their season with any kind of positive note and are running out of chances. [CT Post]
Around the NHL:
- Your first round playoff schedule. Learn it, live it, love it.
- Daniel Sedin was stretchered off the ice after this hit by Calgary's Paul Byron. [SB Nation]
- Jon Cooper says Ryan Malone's weekend DUI/cocaine possession arrest won't be a distraction for the Lightning. Sure, coach. [Associated Press]
HeroPenguins fan harasses Pierre McGuire, is booted from Consol Energy Center. [Deadspin]
- What are both Brendan Shanahan and Trevor Linden going to need in their new positions with the Maple Leafs and Canucks? Good luck. [Spector]
- Winnipeg Free Press EXCLUSIVE: Atlanta Thrashers fans exist.
- This made the rounds last week: it's a flow chart of the fallout from the Eric Lindros trade. Every player and pick that changed hands that was somehow connected to it is listed. You'll be surprised at who's involved. [HF Boards]
- Oh, Eugene Melnyk, you oblivious nincompoop. Please fire whoever is running your Twitter account. [Bonk's Mullet]
Gold Watch Brigade
- The Ducks are headed to the playoffs, but Teemu Selanne took a victory lap after Anaheim's 3-2 win over Colorado in front of a pretty appreciative audience. And he took former Ducks teammate Jean-Sebastien Giguere with him to make the moment even more special.
- The Devils are in for an interesting off-season, including influencing the fates of Jaromir Jagr and Martin Brodeur. In Lou We Trust tries to read the many tea leaves.
- Ryan Smyth officially retired after the Oilers game on Saturday. Oilers TV has a number of videos for and about Smyth, including his speech to teammates (embedded below) and a message from former teammate Doug Weight. Smyth was a good player and a hard worker, who was destined to mean more to one team than any other. He never won a Stanley Cup, but I hope he finds what he's looking for in retirement.
- New York Islanders 4*, Buffalo Sabres 3 (*SO): Johnson-Scott fight, Lee's pair, 26th place and such
- New York Islanders vs. Buffalo Sabres: NHL season closes with an AHL feel
- New York Islanders vs. Buffalo Sabres: 5 Questions with Die By The Blade
- Islanders Gameday News: Ryan Pulock to Bridgeport, Ryan Smyth to the buffet line
- New York Islanders Sale Talks: $370M valuation is complicated