If you saw the Islanders take a 4-0 lead in the first period last night and expected them to clamp down and coast to an easy win, I congratulate you on watching and surviving your first New York Islanders game. Next one is Thursday evening in Tampa.
- Recaps: LHH | Arthur Staple's recap in New$day includes the difference between this season's late visit to Raleigh versus last year's | Islanders | Point Blank | Canes Country
- The Skinny from Eric Hornick. Time Flies: 12 years ago [last] night (3-25-02): Alexei Yashin had four goals as the Islanders pounded the Blackhawks 9-2 in the United Center.
- Buyout options for Islanders players. Spoiler alert: it's a short list. [The Checking Line]
- Reader Dougtone with some photos from Sunday's game against Columbus. [Fanshot]
- Last night's NHL Scores. Maple Leafs lose (again), Blue Jackets go and steal one from the Red Wings. A four way tie for the wild card spot in the East makes for a fun next few weeks.
- NHL Teams: if you're going to run a Twitter Q&A for one of your players, be careful. Exhibit A: the Penguins hijacked #AskNeal Affair. [Crossing Broad]
- Once again, Down Goes Brown sets the record straight on some NHL "facts." [Grantland]
- Nice read from Canes Country on Jim Rutherford: the Father of Triangle Hockey and the man who build Carolina's family atmosphere.
- Seeing live NHL games is expensive. How expensive? [Nucks Misconduct]
- San Jose Sharks: They are very good. [NHL.com]
- Today's #fancystats Advanced Classes:
- UMASS-Lowell defenseman Christian Folin is getting major interest from NHL teams. [CBS Sports]
- Rangers color man Joe Micheletti tore his Achilles in a pick-up basketball game. Usually when Dolan employees get hurt shooting hoops, they play for the Knicks. [North Jersey.com]
- RIP Tim Sassone, venerable Chicago sports writer. [Sherman Report]
- RIP Ralph Wilson venerable Buffalo Bills owner and football Hall of Famer. [Buffalo Rumblings]
- What the puck is this thing? [Deadspin]
Good luck getting this out of your head today.
- New York Islanders 5, Carolina Hurricanes 4: Four-goal lead bent, but not blown
- New York Islanders vs. Carolina Hurricanes: Come to the rink and get better
- Islanders News: In this grind they're going to Carolina
- New Yok Islanders place black alternate jerseys on waivers
- [Bits] Fitting the Jackets, sharp dressed Frans, tank-tops not allowed