FIG picks for tonight should be posted here before 7 pm.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | NY Post | IPB | Islanders| Fear the Fin
- Arthur Staple talks to Kevin Czuczman and gets more info on how the Islanders scouted and landed the NCAA standout. [New$day]
- NYIslesblog has an interview with Matt Mangene, the Manorville native who the Islanders picked up in the Andrew MacDonald trade.
- Did you guys know that John Tavares reached out to a fan that was harassed in Winnipeg for wearing his Islanders jersey? True Story. Tavares sent the boy a new jersey and everything. Thanks, NHL.com.
- Tavares talked about a number of topics on Toronto radio on Friday and Islanders Point Blank has the quotes and links. Topics include his rehab, knuckleheads in Winnipeg and building a winner.
- The Sound Tigers got WHUPPPED by Manchester 7-Zip. Oof.
Across the deep blue NHL:
- Last night's NHL scores. A loss to the Panthers isn't going to help the Devils' playoff drive.
- Pittsburgh's James Neal is out with a concussion. [Pensburgh]
- Dirk Hoag at On The Forecheck ranks the NHL team websites by page views and other metrics. At least the Canucks are winning something this year.
- Darren Dreger thinks the Oilers will move Nail Yakupov this off-season. [The Score]
- Also from The Score: NHL players who aren't who you think they are. Phil Kessel's real name is Gordon Schumway.
- The Avalanche and Ducks are less than meets the eye according to Tyler Dellow.
- Sexism and Ice Girls. This is where I remind everyone that the Islanders were the first NHL team to introduce ice girls. /ducks [Puck Daddy]
- Sami Kapanen, the former Whaler, Hurricane, Flyer and probably a few other things, has retired. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Rejoice! SB Nation has a recipes collection.
- San Jose Sharks 4, New York Islanders 3: Uphill fight, but Anders Lee scores again
- New York Islanders vs. San Jose Sharks: Johan Sundstrom to make NHL debut
- [Gameday Bits] Leave off the last 'S' for Sharks, Sabres and Sundstrom
- Video: Kevin Czuczman discusses move from Lake Superior to New York Islanders
- Report: Islanders to pay players in Bitcoins next season