The men's bronze medal game between the USA and Finland is this morning (10 a.m. EST, NBC Sports and CBC), so you can chat that up here.
Meanwhile, other stuff to chew:
- The Bridgeport Sound Tigers won their ninth in their last 11, with a late comeback after Hartford had taken the lead with five minutes left. Anders Lee scored both the tying goal and winner, while Anders Nilsson made a load of saves in the first period. [Conn. Post | Soundin' Off | Sound Tigers]
- The Islanders practice, knowing that they need to regroup without John Tavares, with no need for speeches. [Newsday]
- Tomorrow is Matt Martin Bobblehead Giveaway Day for Bridgeport fans.
- The Islanders' next opponent is Toronto, where Randy Carlyle talks about not losing stride. [TSN]
- More on Garth Snow's comments about the Olympics: This is what you might call an absurd assertion about what Snow said, from one (well, ultimately two) reporters who used to cover the Islanders but do not appear to have examined the original quotes nor spoken to the Isles about this topic. (Seriously? Tavares was "made to feel guilty?") Bleacher Rep- er, ESPN column in question here.
- Canada won by beating the U.S. team at its own high-speed game, maybe. [NHL] (Not sure Orpik knew that was the game.)
- Ken Dryden waxes poetic about how hockey has grown in the United States. [Grantland]
- Talking to Canadians about hockey and anxiety. [SB Nation] (That story is also where it dawned on me that #wearewinter is a sincere hashtag/rallying cry rather than a joke. #weareweather #roar)
- Mats Sundin really ripped into the Russian team, even suggesting that they should have been more inspired with Putin in the audience. Heh. [TSN]
- Talking with McKeen's about what new stats and tools are used in scouting. [MSN/Fox]
- TJ Oshie's big shootout day over Russia inspired players at his alma mater. [THW]
- Craziness: The ECHL Las Vegas Wranglers intend to build a rink on the roof of the Plaza Hotel, which I'm sure is a lovely place to gamble money away. [SI]
- About Tim Horton, who died 40 years ago. [THW]
- Dan Rubenstein picks mid-season award winners. [SB Nation video]
- Video: In Which New York Islanders Coach Jack Capuano Defines 'Battle Level'
- OCP to rebuild John Tavares as half-human half-robot cyborg 'RoboJohn'
- John Tavares Injury: Garth Snow Rips IOC in Rare Moment of Public Steam
- Non-Olympic Islanders compete in team-wide snowball fight tournament in Nassau Coliseum parking lot
- John Tavares Injury: Torn MCL, meniscus, out for season