The NHL is on Olympic hiatus -- just imagine what NHL Network will come up with! -- but we are not. So here are links for you to deal with as you see fit.
After an Islanders-esque poor start, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers rebounded to win their sixth of the last eight games. Matt Donovan, fresh off another AHL assignment, scored because he's Matt Donovan. [CT Post | Soundin' Off | BST Official]
"I'm really grateful for what Snowy and Jack did for me. It's something I'll never forget. They pretty much put me on the map," Parenteau said before the game. "I had two great years here, I got to play with some awesome players and it was an important time for me."
Lubomir Visnovsky was evaluated by the team doctors and was not cleared to participate in the upcoming Sochi Winter Olympic Games.
Visnovsky missed 46 of the 60 games the Islanders have played this season.
"I’m honored to have been selected to represent Slovakia at the Sochi Games," Visnovsky said. "I’m disappointed that I will not have this opportunity to compete for my country, but respect the decision the Islanders have made. I’m excited to watch Team Slovakia compete throughout the next two weeks and wish them all the best."
It seems like there is some alignment on the issue:
As disappointing as it is for Lubo Visnovsky to not play in the Olympics for Slovakia, the right decision was made for his longterm health.— NEIL SHEEHY (@ICEHockeyAgent) February 10, 2014
- Mr. Morris takes on Kris Letang's stroke. [Undisclosed Injury]
- As Finland faces injuries, Sean Bergenheim is not walking through that door. By his own choice. [Yahoo]
- A look at Dave Andrews' 20-year effect on the AHL. [THN]
- If you need further evidence that Alex Burrows is a spineless tool. [Puck Daddy]
- This outfit is how P.K. Subban rolls. [SB Nation]
- Here is your air hockey robot. [PPP]
- Olympic Hockey TV Schedule: New York Islanders in Sochi
- Recap: Avalanche 5, Islanders 2 (EN x2): Scores can be Duch-ceiving, Isles DQ'd at Olympics
- Islanders vs. Avalanche: 5 Questions with Mile High Hockey
- Islanders News: Sound Tigers turn 1,000; Olympic hockey begins
- Thomas Vanek Plan B: The New York Islanders' options for the morning after