The good news is that, for the next three days, you won't have to watch the Islanders. I hear there's some kind of football game on Sunday. Might check that out.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | NY Post | IPB | hirt Banter
The Skinny on the collapse.
- John Tavares expects to feel safe in Sochi [NY Post]
- Turns out the 10-game losing streak in November was a problem for the Islanders' playoff hopes. Inside the implosion. [Eyes on Isles]
- Can the Islanders still use Pierre-Marc Bouchard? [Islanders Op-Timisim]
- A little late but: Keith and I wrote about our near-death Yankee Stadium game experience for LA Kings blog royalty The Royal Half. Give it a read.
- You know who also didn't have a great time at that game? CeeLo Green. [CBS Sports]
- SBN Hockey honcho Travis Hughes was at the game and says NHL fans are still very much into the outdoor game thing no matter what the weather's like.
- The Sound Tigers lost to Albany 2-1 on Friday. The worse news: Ryan Strome left the game with an apparent hand injury. [CT Post]
- Last night's NHL scores. Hurricanes beat the Blues and the Predators knocked off the Devils in OT.
- Matt Moulson is injured, probably through the Olympic break. [Sabres] That could complicate trade talks.
- Down Goes Brown lays odds on the next wave of outdoor games. [Grantland]
- A bunch of Metro Division GMs should probably be out of work according to Adam Proteau of The Hockey News.
- Transactions: The Avalanche signed goalie Semyon Varlamov to a generous extension and the Oilers added yet more grit by trading for Leafs defenseman Mark Fraser because that's just what they need. Copper and Blue isn't impressed.
- Former Islander Gino Odjick opens up about his recent mental health issues. Sad story for a good guy. [Edmonton Journal]
- Ales Hemsky is a good player. Naturally, he has no place on the Oilers. [Tyler Dellow]
- Does original Predator David Legwand still have a place in Nashville? [On the Forecheck]
- One way or another, the Rangers will very soon make a decision on Ryan Callahan's future. [Larry Brooks]
- Want to buy an OHL team? The Sarnia Sting is for sale. [Yahoo.ca]
- The Heritage Classic between the Canucks and Senators isn't getting a lot of buzz. You mean this rivalry between two cities who played in a Stanley Cup final 100 years ago isn't as heated as it once was? No way. [Vancouver Sun]
- Gird your loins, American Hockey League: Trevor Gillies is back and playing for the Abbotsford Heat.
- Non-hockey: Jon Bois' seminal, innovative Breaking Madden series breaks the Super Bowl. Enjoy.
- New York Rangers 4 (EN), Islanders 1: Lundqvist saves, Rangers finish
- New York Islanders vs. Rangers Preview: Chapter V
- Lighthouse Photo Gallery: Images from Islanders-Rangers at Yankee Stadium
- New York Rangers Fans' Chants Fail to Make the Grade
- [Islanders News] Now back to indoors, and trade possibilities