- Recaps: LHH | New$day | IPB | NY Post | Islanders | Second City Hockey
- Recaps of Okposo's OT winner and the patriotic crowd reaction: Puck Daddy | Sporting News
- The extra time Skinny from Eric Hornick.
- Whether you used your ticket last night or not, your stub is worth another game, courtesy of the Islanders.
- Matt Donovan was recalled from Bridgeport yesterday. [Islanders]
- Okposo was disappointed but reserved about his snub from Team USA. [New$day]
- But Kyle found out in probably the cruelest way possible - by watching it on TV like the rest of us schlubs. I mean, no phone call for a guy who was at camp? That's bollocks. [NY Post]
- Full video of Howie Rose's pre-game pro-Okposo rant. [Point Blank]
- In case anyone was STILL wondering, the Islanders are STILL excited to STILL be playing in the Stadium Series game against the Rangers later this month. [Mark Herrmann in New$day]
- At the World Juniors, Griffin Reinhart led Team Canada to a win over Switzerland and into the semifinals. He was named played of the game and scored a key goal for the Canadians.
- The Stockton Thunder loaned ex-Islanders property Corey Trivino to Portland of the AHL. [Twitter]
- And speaking of the Thunder, they let kids decorate the ice at their home rink and will play a game on it. [Sporting News]
Bobby Ryan: The Sum of Brian Burke's Fears:
Okposo wasn't even the most notable player missing from the Team USA roster. Bobby Ryan's exclusion caused the most spilled ink, including a response from Ryan to the nasty, dismissive things Burke said about him to ESPN.
Greg Wyshynski has probably the best and most pointed take on it. Stats guy and Senators fan Travis Yost talks about Ryan's complicated relationship with Burke, and Ryan defends himself against Burke's "lazy," "sleepy" and "grammatically challenged" accusations.
- Last night's NHL scores. Skinner tricks Capitals, Blues shut out Kings and Wild stop their slide with a win over Buffalo.
- World Junior Update: Team USA lost to Russia and was eliminated, and one Russian player went full heel on the American bench. [SB Nation]
- You know who else was snubbed for the US Olympic team despite being better than Brooks Orpik (and maybe Paul Martin and Cam Fowler)? The Devils' steady, unheralded Andy Greene. In Lou We Trust makes a convincing case.
- TSN's Jeff O'Neill said some not nice things about Winnipeg and Arctic Ice Hockey responds.
- Seriously guys, Mike Yeo is in deep doo-doo in Minnesota. [Star Trib]
- Eric T compares his stats-based predictions versus the real-world results. His score: pretty good. [Outnumbered]
- While you were watching the Winter Classic, the Maple Leafs traded John-Michael Liles and a prospect to Carolina for Tim Gleason. Pension Plan Puppets isn't impressed.
- And Taylor Pyatt is a Penguin now via waivers. [Post-Gazette]
- Copper and Blue updates Sportsnet's infamous Grit Chart for the current season. Islanders are tied for 11th in the NHL in TEH GRITT.
- Battle of California begins their Jerk (NHL, not chicken) Tournament.
- I hope all those who braved the snow last night made it home safe. Seemed to be more people at the Coliseum than the 334 people at a snowy Devils game in 1987. [NHL.com]
- New York Islanders vs. Chicago Blackhawks Preview: Snubs battle. Update: Matt Donovan recalled
- Islanders Gameday News: Aaron Ness to Bridgeport; Kyle Okposo not to Sochi
- New York Islanders Return Aaron Ness to AHL Bridgeport; Donovan Move Next?
- USA Olympic Hockey Roster Announced: Kyle Okposo, Bobby Ryan left off