Not a great way to go into the Stadium Series game on Wednesday. The good news is that last night's game will barely be talked about between now and tomorrow night.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | Islanders | NY Post | IPB | Stanley Cup of Chowder
The Skinny. Careers highs set for Frans Nielsen and Kyle Okposo.
- After last night's game, Josh Bailey delivers the first in a series of blogs related to the Stadium Series. [NHL]
- ICYMI: Former ref and hair product enthusiast Kerry Fraser thinks the Thomas Vanek no goal was a bad call by Toronto. [TSN]
- Jack Capuano talks to Bruins coach Claude Julien about coaching an outdoor game. I hope Claude gave Cappy some chapeau recommendations as well. [NHL.com]
- Wednesday's Stadium Series game will be broadcast on your radio on WCBS 880AM. But don't worry, Chris King will be the voice. Not Suzyn Waldman. [Islanders]
- Bonus Skinny: The Islanders history in neutral site games.
- The wrap up for the Islanders international youth hockey Lighthouse tournament.
- The busy last year in the life of Sound Tigers Anders Lee. [BST]
- Last night's NHL scores. Th Hurricanes rally to beat the Blue Jackets.
- Guy Boucher is now coaching SC Bern in Switzerland. But if the NHL comes calling (cough HABS cough), he'll probably be back. [Tampa Bay.com]
- ROOT Sports Penguins broadcasts are nigh unwatchable. But not in the way you think they are. [The Pens Blog]
- Alan Eagleson: Bad guy. [the Hockey Writers]
- Stars owner Tom Gaglardi and adviser Mark Recchi are dark mages. [Defending Big D]
- And Eric Duhatschek tries to predict this year's trade deadline. [Globe n' Mail]
- New Predator Devan Dubnyk is adjusting to life away from Edmonton, but comes to the aid of his former goalie coach. [Sportsnet]
- A chat with Harvey the Hound, the Flames' (and NHL's first) mascot. [The Hockey News]
- The Senators might soon acquire something they've never had before: money. [Ottawa Sun]
- How to be a famous hockey player, according to the movies. [Yahoo hockey]
- Real talk: TJ from Arctic Ice Hockey talks depression and anxiety, a familiar feeling for many. Take a minute to read his story and remember, help is there if you need it.
- New York Islanders vs. Boston Bruins Preview: Lubomir Visnovsky returns
- Bridgeport: John Persson Gets 1st Pro Hat Trick, Ryan Strome Gets 1st Pro Fight
- [Video + Explanation] Thomas Vanek's Overtime Overturned Goal
- [Bits] Ok, everybody go outside and play
- St. Louis Blues 4*, New York Islanders 3 (*SO): That Thomas Vanek is such a kick