No Islanders game today, but a big moment is here nonetheless. Yeah, the Rangers and Devils are playing in Yankee Stadium but, more importantly, there's a chance Mike Milbury could contract frostbite in the expected single-digit temperatures. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | NY Post | IPB | Islanders | St. Louis Game Time
- The Skinny from Eric Hornick
- Arthur Staple with the latest update$ on the walking wounded of Lubomir Visnovsky, Travis Hamonic and Evgeni Nabokov. In short: Visnovsky could be activated in time for Monday's game, Nabokov is possible for Yankee Stadium and Hamonic might go on IR.
- The Post with similar updates from Brett Cyrgalis.
- A sympathetic Laura at St. Louis Game Time looks at the validity of Thomas Vanek's disallowed goal.
- Why are the Islanders and Devils the home teams in the Bronx? Dolan dollars, of course. [NY Times]
- More on John Tavares and Kyle Okposo's (serialized) television debuts on NHL Revealed. Tavares: "I not a big fan of watching myself." [NY Hockey Journal]
- The Sound Tigers beat Springfield 3-1 (EN) on Saturday night. Chris Langkow with the game-winning goal in the third period. Kenny Reiter had 31 saves.
- Last night's NHL scores. In THE BIG OUTDOOR GAME BEFORE TODAY'S BIG OUTDOOR GAME, the Ducks shutout the Kings 3-0. And the Sabres snapped the Blue Jackets' eight game-winning streak (and did the Islanders a favor).
- Enjoy the Stadium Series games because there will be less of them in the future. [SB Nation]
- Separating NHL Revealed from HBO 24/7 [Puck Daddy]
- Also from Puck Daddy, forget Stadium Series jerseys. The Manchester Monarchs honored their parent team by bringing back one of the most iconic hipster jerseys of all time, the L.A. Burger King.
- Mike Danton compares playing in Kazakhstan to being in jail. He knows both very well.
- Kings vs. Ducks at Dodger Stadium: Outdoor game [open thread]
- [Gameday Bits] Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight
- New York Islanders vs. St. Louis Blues Preview: Maybe catch them sleeping?
- New York Islanders Player Usage Chart: Calvin de Haan still looking good
- [Bits] Penguin Vortex blankets Long Island