The flightless fowl did their business and fled the coop. Next up, matinee Saturday versus St. Louis (or, what we call, "The Dom Bowl.").
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | NY Post | IPB | Pensburgh
The stats Skinny from Eric Hornick
- Another day, another series of quotes from Thomas Vanek to disseminate. This time, he tells Arthur Staple that, even if he were to be traded at the deadline, the Islanders "would be a place I'd consider if it gets to July 1."
- Puck Daddy's review of episode one of NHL Revealed is heavy on the Islanders.
- Day Two of the Islanders' international kids' Lighthouse Tournament.
- Ryan McDonagh and Derek Stepan practice taking slapshots... on a bound and helpless Islanders fan. It's all Regis Philbin's fault. [NYR Blog]
Bed, bath and beyond the Islanders:
- Last night's NHL scores. Beware the Blue Jackets, winners of eight (8!) straight games. And the Leafs got lit up in Dallas like Leon Lett.
- While beating on the Leafs, the Stars in-house crew had some fun with celebrity Toronto fans. Leafs Twitter did not appreciate the jokes. [SB Nation]
- Behind the scenes of the behind the scenes NHL Revealed series. [NHL.com]
- Ottawa rookie defenseman Cody Ceci is good. [Silver Seven]
- But teammate Mark Methot is a healthy scratch. And he's not happy. [Sens Extra]
- Has Paul Maurice actually fixed the Winnipeg Jets? Tyler Dellow debunks. [Sportsnet]
- Michel Therrien has broken the Canadiens about as much as he broke the Penguins apparently. [Eyes on the Prize]
- Eric T on predicting a player's scoring rate using (or not using) previous seasons. [Outnumbered]
- For smaller nations not expected to medal, playing at the Olympics is still fun. [Globe n' Mail]
- Down Goes Brown on the endless, unnecessary glut of upcoming outdoor games. [Grantland]
- Pro tip for goalies: don't stop to talk to the crowd until the game is actually over. [Puck Daddy]
- And Harrison Mooney's latest song parody, "Kiss from a Lowe" is the best use of Seal to lampoon the Edmonton Oilers you've ever seen.
- New York Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins Notes: Stay out of the box, please.
- NHL Power Rankings (1/22): Out of the Relegation Zone
- Islanders Gameday News: Tavares Revealed on NBC Sports, A-Mac's Money, A(l)-B(any)-C Blackout
- 'NHL Revealed' Spotlights John Tavares, Kyle Okposo Roles with New York Islanders
- On Faceoffs: Many variables, none overwhelmingly important