The road trip continues. Next stop, Florida. I expect Calvin de Haan to act as co-pilot, head flight attendant and assistant engine technician on the team's charter plane.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | Point Blank | Islanders | Defending Big D
- The Skinny from Ewing Ranch."The Isles have won seven straight games on the road for the first time since a franchise-record 8-game winning streak in 1981."
- Arthur Staple talks to Thomas Vanek about the contract discussions. Initial at this stage, seeing where the season goes in the next month. Another great quote from Vanek: "We loved Buffalo, too, even though everyone said we'd hate it."
- The reasons why the Islanders have been playing well lately. [Eyes on Isles]
- The Sound Tigers doubled up Hartford 6-3 on Sunday. Anders Lee with a pair of goals.
- NHL scores from Sunday. Ryan Miller's Jedi stick skills robbed the Caps, while Patrick Kane scored an unbelievable goal against...the Blackhawks?
- The Big Story! Winnipeg Jets fans get their wish (at least, one of them) as coach Claude Noel was relieved of his duties and replaced by former Whalers/Hurricanes/Maple Leafs/Hurricanes again coach Paul Maurice. As expected, the boys and girls of Arctic Ice Hockey were all over it.
- Kevin Allen of USA Today says that removing Noel is only the start of what the Jets need to do.
- Today on Grigorenko Hospital, the Russian phenom agrees to accept his junior assignment. [Buffalo News]
- Two days after crying poor to Broward County, the owner of the Florida Panthers vows to become a cap-spending team. Remember kids, use sunblock. [SB Nation]
- British Columbia's own Mr. Blue Sky Tony Gallagher says the Canucks are no longer the cream of the NHL crop. [Vancouver Province]
- What role has Kevin Lowe played in the Oilers mess? [Cult of Hockey]
- Wayne Gretzky will be at the Kings-Ducks Stadium Series game on January 25. So, too, will Vin Scully, which is neat-o. [LA Times]
- John C. Brittain: Civil Rights Lawyer and Hockey Player. [The Color of Hockey]
- LHH Regular Eric David Morris (aka @NHLInjury on Twitter) valiantly delves into the murky world of hockey groin injuries.
- New York Islanders 4, Dallas Stars 2: Comeback routine for Okposo, Tavares and company
- New York Islanders vs. Dallas Stars Preview: A rare East-West rematch
- [Gameday Bits] Look out here's Starbreaker, cruisin' into town
- Sound Tigers Struggles Worsen without Ryan Strome, Matt Donovan, injuries
- New York Islanders 2, Colorado Avalanche 1 (OT): Michael Grabner's pendulum swings