FIG picks for tonight's late game can be left here.
- de story on Calvin de Haan by Arthur de Staple [de New$day]
- Congratulations to Ryan Strome on being named to the AHL All-Star team. Um...about that...
- An insider report of Strome and de Haan's appearance at the Islanders Booster Club meeting this week. [IslesTalk]
- Kevin at IPB gets to the root of the Andrew MacDonald conundrum and the perception disparity between fans and media.
- Checking in with former Islander Tommy Salo. [The Checking Line]
- The Metropolitan Division is a cakewalk, for everyone but the Islanders. [Puck Daddy]
- Last night's NHL scores. Oh Leafs.
- Your Olympic hockey schedule. Bookmark it. [SB Nation]
- And where to buy your customized jersey of the country of your choice. A Bruins-centric look from Stanley Cup of Chowder.
- Sam Gagner might get traded by the Oilers. Who in the East has the goods to land him? [Copper n' Blue]
- Princeton man Jeff Halpern is a journeyman's journeyman. [Fox Sports]
- Islanders draft pick/Rangers refugee Wade Redden officially retired. [NHLPA]
- MAH GAWD! THAT'S BRIAN RAFALSKI'S MUSIC! He's back, playing for the ECHL's Florida Everblades. [SB Nation]
- Down Goes Brown predicts some events in the second half of the NHL season.
- How do the LA Kings do what they do so well? [Eric T]
- Capgeek's career earnings list (from 1990-present). Cory Sarich is a thief, raking in almost $29 million for being Cory Sarich.
No, not the Avalanche, but always worth seeing again: Billy Smith's goal versus Rob Ramage and the Colorado Rockies.
- Thomas Vanek Realistic on Contract Extension Talks with New York Islanders
- Islanders News: Goring with de Haan on Hamonic; Vanek on Long Island; Bridgeport PTOs
- NHL Power Rankings 1/7/14: If not hope, at least regulation wins
- [Bits] Cold Snaps, Hot Streaks & Warm Fuzzies
- New York Islanders 5 (EN), Toronto Maple Leafs 3: Penalty killin' and Bernier givin'