Some p.m. bits of this and that to digest, first of the Islanders variety:
- Frans Nielsen and Peter Regin are both Danish, and you're not. (Alright, some of you are.)
- Got questions for Garth Snow?
- Second City Hockey asked me questions about the Isles. I answered.
- Japers' does the Metro's top 10 centers. That player usage chart at the end nicely illustrates the insanity of how Randy Carlyle used Mikhail Grabovski.
- How hungry are you for NHL hockey? Hungry enough to watch NHL preseason games? That don't involve your team? You can on NHL Network...but no Isles games on the schedule.
- THE ONES WHO GOT AWAY: David Toews edition...
- Speaking of the departed, except the better kind, here is Nino Niederreiter on WildTV. You know you want to look.
- Colin McDonald will sign your Tavares jersey tonight.
- Jeff Marek in a Q&A with CBS-NY: "For whatever reason, whether it’s Michael Grabner, Thomas Hickey or whomever — players show up on Long Island and they become different players and younger versions of themselves, or better versions of themselves. I don’t know what they put in the Gatorade bottles there, but for whatever reason, players just find something on the Island. I would like to think we haven’t seen the last of Pierre-Marc Bouchard..."
- Brooklyn: Seriously, I can't be there, but what are the ideas and preferences for pre- or post-game gathering around the Brooklyn preseason game? Follow comments over there.
- Oops: The Predators Just Earned Themselves A New Nickname
- Mikkel Boedker and the Yotes still haven't agreed on an RFA deal. He's Danish, you know.
- Alex Pietrangelo hasn't signed, but the Blues will keep him forever and ever.
- The Nazem Kadri talks have fully entered their "negotiate through the press until we don't" phase.
- Sure: "The New York Rangers knew what they were getting when they selected defenseman Dylan McIlrath with the 10th pick in the 2010 NHL Draft."
- People are reeling over the 6 x 6 contract the Hawks gave to okay goalie Corey Crawford. Today Hawks fans see Niklas Hjalmarsson's 5 x 4.1 as another part of the proverbial "core" locked up.
- That P.K. Subban bridge contract is messin' with people.
- Wonder if there were ever decent trade offers for Ales Hemsky (now "off the market"), or if the shrinking cap scared those away?
- If I had to pick a KHL team to follow, it would totally be the expansion team in Vladisvostok, because that is so way out over there even Sarah Palin can see it from her porch swing.
- You've probably seen it already, but the Sabres' new third jerseys are just awful. Awful. The only good thing is they didn't mess with an alternate logo.
How you do a third jersey (well, how you get back to your roots anyway):
More from Lighthouse Hockey:
- How the Metro Can Hurt: The Carolina Hurricanes' Staal Attack
- New York Islanders Rookie Camp: Appetizer for the real thing
- [Bits] Training Camp Looms with New Captain, Brooklyn Cameo
- How the Metro Can Hurt - Flyers' Valediction: Forbidding Goaltending
- How the Metro Can Hurt: Columbus and the Bobrovsky Factor