- Clutterbuck Update: Islanders announce what Arthur Staple of Newsday suggested last night, that it will be four to six weeks for Cal Clutterbuck's leg laceration.
- More on last night: In Lou We Trust thoroughly recaps | Here is the IPB | And the official site version
- Ryan Strome wants to make the team, says the prospects were told they can play their way on to the roster.
- That was Newsday. Here's the Post on Strome at wing vs. Strome at center.
- The Devils trimmed 21 from their training camp today, so Saturday's game may not be as scrub-heavy for them as expected.
- Pierre-Marc Bouchard talks about playing on the top line.
- On the trio of Matt Donovan, Calvin de Haan and Aaron Ness as they enter their RFA walk year.
- Puck Daddy previews the Islanders season.
- Brett Gallant received a lot of cheers for his three fights last night.
- For laughs: Neighbors complain about Dolan's chopper.
Here is Brock Nelson talking about last night:
Jack Capuano's post-game is over here.
Calvin de Haan discusses the upcoming season, recovering from injury, gunning for a spot:
- This will shock you, but ESPN's hockey lists (like this coach ranking) are eight kinds of messed up.
- Derek Engelland pretty well forecasted the mutual helmet removal drill we saw last night.
- Bobby Ryan recalls life under Randy Carlyle.
- Two preseason suspensions handed out, one to an 18-year-old who is bound for juniors anyway.
- For the Ducks 20th anniversary, Viktor Fasth has a Guy Hebert tribute mask.
- The Avs have returned Michael Schumacher to Formula One, I mean to Lake Erie.
- If you want more metrics, Tyler Dellow is digging into shots after shots.
It's John Tavares' birthday. We will celebrate accordingly in a little while.