The Islanders and Flames play split-squad games tonight in Regina and Calgary. The Calgary video will be streamed at Newyorkislanders.com. Find radio feed for the Regina game at 960 The Fan - Calgary. The rosters for the Isles squads are over in this post where you can offer your own lines and suggestions.
As for other reading...
- Newsday on the battle for D jobs without Mark Streit.
- NEW: In Arthur Staple's blog update at Newsday, he says the split of AMac and Hamonic is rooted in the Isles reviewing analytics, and "neither seems terribly excited" at the idea of splitting their partnership.
- Mark Streit talks about adjusting to being a Philadelphia Flyer. Which sounds really weird to say, now that it's setting in.
- Meanwhile, the near-homonym he left behind, Brian Strait, is among the Isles amped for competitive games again.
- Kirill Kabanov on his summer training, including with the training guru Gary Roberts.
- Sales for the Brooklyn preseason game so far: 25% Brooklyn, 19% Nassau, 13% Suffolk
- Surely you can afford an Isles Executive VIP Suite, yes?
- Jesse Joensuu has done his yoga.
- In a dream world where NHL teams offer sheet one another's RFAs, Cody Franson would make a fine Isles addition.
- FanPost: That Matt Moulson feature in USA Today was cool, but the misinfo about Isles playoff appearances was sadly par for the national coverage course.
- A longtime Oilers columnist says he would totally trade Ales Hemsky for Steve Ott. (He also says to expect Griffin Reinhart back in the WHL, and ultimately traded to a Memorial Cup contender.)
- The Devils are bringing Damien Brunner in for a tryout, and Peter DeBoer is excited.
- The Panthers are bringing Tim Thomas in on a tryout. SI spoofs him for a fake Facebook post.
- The new Devils owners were more interested in the arena. But they like hockey too.
- Paul Bissonnette gets a 10-game suspension for leaving the bench to do what fighters do.
- Stat views: The Leafs' attack zone time was bad last year. So were the Flyers' zone entries.
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts.
- New Oilers coach Dallas Eakins says "this isn't Mark Messier's dressing room," therefore no
cryingStanley Cup replicas.
- ESPN ranks the top 25 goalies in the NHL. (They left John Tavares off this list too!)
- A look at U.S. hockey participation rates shows growth in New York and New Jersey, among others.
Since we're not talking about him at all what with training camp and him being in the KHL, here are highlights of Kirill Petrov from last season, via the industrious ITM Pucks on YouTube:
More from Lighthouse Hockey:
- NY Islanders Preseason Rosters vs. Calgary Flames: Choose Your Lines & Pairs
- Zeitgeist: Even More NHL Uniform Changes for the 2013-14 Season
- [Bits] Islanders Camp Set to Remix; Regin on Shoulder; Moulson on Long Road
- Jack Capuano on Islanders Training Camp Battle for Jobs, Preseason Lines
- 'Last Year is Last Year': Islanders Put Playoff Appearance Behind Them