It's the Labo(u)r Day holiday weekend in North America, so you might find things a little slow in the news department. But here is plenty to chew on for the hockey-starved soul.
Watch Sparky on the new Fox sports network's studio show -- featuring on-air sexual harassment from one co-host to another!
Five questions for the Islanders upcoming season by Eyes on Isles.
Is John Tavares the most irreplaceable player in the league? So says SI, which calls the team around him close to "a bunch of dancing bears." Don't ever change, you.
At U.S. Olympic camp, maybe Zach Bogosian and Kyle Okposo discussed Okposo's hit that gave Bogosian a concussion, and maybe they didn't. This is the hit April 20, to jog your memory:
- The Globe looks at some unsigned free agents who should get jobs...
- ... That list included Ron Hainsey, who might help any number of teams if the price were right.
- A look at current GMs ranked by points percentage under their tenures. Garth Snow has some climbing to do.
- Oilers Nation says "No Rush," but they're referring to the selection of the Oilers' next captain.
- Marcus Johansson is still unsigned, but here's betting he doesn't win his RFA stare-down with the Caps.
- Because they have to, Sabres fans try to talk themselves into Ville Leino working out.
- A nifty basket catch save in Finland from Leland Irving.
- A look at the NHL coaching tree as it stands today.
- Uni talk: Holy cow, someone did it right! The Wild's new road whites work quite well. Some day we will look at the RBK post-lockout II era as rivaling the mid-'90s for horrible jersey trends.
- Daniel Alfredsson wears a Wings jersey. Paul MacLean, former Wing and current Ottawa coach, says it's time to move on already.
- Will the KHL lure Alex Ovechkin? Maybe one day, particularly when he's old and his contract becomes a pain to the Caps.
- Congrats are in order: Our own mikb at LHH is a new daddy! The newborn is draft eligible in 2031.
If you somehow missed it, Teemu is coming back and the Ducks shot another fun video to announce it: