Don't look now, but ice is forming in arenas and a few teams are doing their pre-camp prospect camps. We even have a few things that pass for hockey news.
- Alright, which of you jokesters bought Bobby Nystrom's Oyster Bay Cove house and when is the party?
- That Evgeni Nabokov R-Sport Olympics article is hilariously misleadingly titled. h/t Puck Daddy (More on that in the next post.)
- Will motivation to win an Olympic job influence Nabby's play for the Isles?
- Oh, oh the Coliseum ice looks fresh and beautiful.
- In a shock to no one, Brenden Kichton has signed an ELC with Winnipeg that looks very much like not-second-round money. This will be fun to track, however it turns out.
- Japers' Rink does the Metro's top 10 right wingers.
- In another shock, the Penguins are not good without Crosby and Malkin (and getting worse).
- Cool: NHL General Manager Lineage - The Copper & Blue
- Debatable: Ranking all 30 GM/coach combos in NHL | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
- The worst Team USA glamour shots.
- Scott Burnside says the U.S. will win gold because he's Scott Burnside.
- Marc Staal's eye is fine.
- DGB: The top secret agenda for Team Canada's Olympic orientation camp
- What's it like to play in the SPHL? You look forward to the hotel in Biloxi.
- Cool post-Miracle on Ice story about the Atlanta Flames bringing in Jim Craig and milking the promotion for SI.
- Want a new stat? Location Adjusted Expected Goals Percentage source programmable guidance or something.
Palffy Checks, Turgeon Scores
A few fun things about this clip:
- Fleeting moment of Pierre Turgeon and Ziggy Palffy hooking up for a goal.
- Benoit Hogue streaking in behind the net from the left wing to continue the forecheck.
- Donald Brashear attempting to skate on the Canadiens' left wing early in the clip. Ye gods.
- Jiggs, baby.