Our (mostly) daily links includes Matt Martin learning that every relationship has transaction costs, some familiar themes around the Isles, and some bits about key NHL stars north of the border who are about to get paaiiiid.
Get to it, and add your own relevant or interesting links in comments below:
- A question we'll be asking plenty over the next 60 days: Will Brock Nelson make the roster? [Eyes on Isles]
- Garth Snow is not going to be underrated if people keep calling him underrated.
- Why, if you still need to be told, you should stop thinking the Isles might return to Nassau: IPB | Eyes on Isles
- Newsday on Matt Martin's MTV assignment. (As noted last week, MTV was this channel that used to have music.)
- Of course, Martin also has to deal with girlfriend's daddy requests.
- The Isles "best goal" vote is down to the Hickey OT winner (created by Tavares, mostly) and the Tavares zig, zag, Game 4 goal against the Pens.
- Brian Strait and Colin McDonald do golf-like things.
- Hey I know, let's let Alfonse opine on the Coliseum deal. [LI Herald]
- Brother-in-law down: Sean Backman signs with Manchester.
- NEW: Corey Pronman at Hockey Prospectus updates his Top 10 Isles Prospects list.
- P.K. Subban is stronger than you. [HEOTP]
- Nazem Kadri will be richer than you are, with or without cap issues. [Sporting News]
- Take your best shot at the Copper & Blue "Who Said It?" quiz.
- Henrik Lundqvist hopes to have a great season and stuff and maybe talk about a contract later if he has to.
- So An Ohio State designed a third jersey that's, maybe, you know, fit for Snoop.
- The second episode of the Flyers' "Flight Plan": "Eight minutes trying to convince us [1st-round pick Samuel Morin] is Chris Pronger."
- Ducks sorrow: Sheldon Souray is out maybe six months with a torn wrist tendon. But they signed Mark Fistric, the Price Pfister.
- National TV schedules and other related things are coming out. Here's TSN's.
- Mikhail Grabovsky's agent, and an anonymous GM, on why he isn't signed yet.
Since it's a goal featured in the Isles official site poll above, we'll feature our favorite view of it: FIGmeister Mike's (ICanSeeForIslesAndIsles) view from the seats during Game 4: