- EyesonIsles chatted with Newsday's Arthur Staple, who suspects Garth Snow "was never quite sold" on Nino and runs a more old-fashioned "earn your spot" operation anyway. Plenty more there.
- Speaking of which, you can meet Cal Clutterbuck in person and tell him he better be worth Nino 'n stuff.
- New York Hockey Journal on Ryan Pulock.
- THW on Matt Carkner adjusting to Long Island.
- EyesonIsles describes each Islanders player in one word.
- USCHO on the Penn State team Flyers fan Eamon McAdam is joining.
- Dee Karl on John Tavares: The Amazing.
- Palffy: One of the most underappreciated players? [CBS] Obviously we think yes.
- In case you missed these in the ECHL Stockton Thunder affiliation post: Here's the local angle on why it makes sense for both sides, in article and blog form.
Here are highlights, newscasts ("The Rangers broke many hearts last night...nothing new about that"), great hairpieces, and very upset Maloneys from the Isles' big 1984 OT win (Kenny Morrow) over the Rangers:
- Shenanigans? New Coyotes owners (pending approval) say no.
- The Blues extended Jay Bouwmeester for five more years (six total), with the new cap hit at $5.4 million. He will turn 30 in training camp.
- Theo Peckham signed with the Blackhawks for slightly less than that.
- This is fun: Border Wars: NHL 2012-13 Penalty Minutes Per Game By Country - The Copper & Blue
- And here is the "border war" angle by points.
- Here's a different kind of border war: Inglewood's Forum aims to rock rival Staples with major renovation - latimes.com
- This is even more fun though: An Inside Look at the Leafs' Approach to Advanced Stats - Pension Plan Puppets
- More poking at the Leafs at Grantland. Gonna be fun to see how they turn out next season.
- PLAY: These guys are trying to do an offensive contribution metric that tells more than assists: Greater Than Plus Minus: PLAY: A playmaking metric, Part 2 - Altruistic Contribution
- This is a slideshow, but it's actually a decent one: The best NHL jerseys of all time, by team - Sporting News