As you no doubt saw yesterday -- and maybe even cared! -- and PGI parodied, Nassau County made its decision on who would develop the Nassau Coliseum site that will be vacated, mostly, by the Islanders in 2015.
Here are some reactions, plus other news and opinions around the NHL:
- With Forest City winning, can they enrich the Isles legacy? [IPB]
- The Post: Meet the new landlord, same as the old new landlord.
- The official statements from the winning Ratner and the losing Dolan-Ratner from yesterday's Coliseum announcement.
- Newsday: Nassau leaders react.
- Eyes on Isles: Money, money.
- Long Island Press quotes Kevan Abrahams (D-Freeport), the Democratic legislative minority leader. "With so much opportunity already lost at this site, it is imperative that we ensure any new development maximizes the potential benefits for Nassau residents." Pshh, what, is 15 years really opportunity cost? That's a blink of an eye, in the eyes of our sun.
- CBS with text and audio, and Mangano: "This plan gives us a clear road to success and I would hope that everybody gets on board." He must be new to Long Island politics.
- The USHL Waterloo coach talks with CBS about the three former Waterloo players the Isles drafted.
- Happy birthday to Travis Hamonic, the old fart. (He's 23.)
- Injury: Claude Giroux is bad at golf. (Or was Jeff Kent involved?)
- Devils sale to 76ers owner: Flyers fans are bad at logic.
- Daniel Alfredsson and the Senators disagreed on a contract, and now they disagree on how they disagreed.
- That said: Senators Made The Right Decision - Silver Seven
- The Avs are giving Gabriel Landeskog a lot of money for a lot of years.
- Seven candidates for a breakout season in 2013-14 - NHL.com
- Hockey Wilderness is open to fancy stats, yo. (But the comments will be bloody.)
- 30 in 30: Sabres need Rolston to accelerate rebuild. Heh.
- College: Big trouble in little Omaha.
- Love this, as the Olympics long ago lost their pure brand: NHL Too Good for the Olympics. [THN]
- Max Pacioretty is better than Bobby Ryan? [HEOTP]
Keep fishing for those
clicks recs, ya hear...