Look for the NHL schedule to be released when the league is gosh darn good n' ready and not a minute before, Jack. So cool your jets.
- VIDEO: Matt Moulson and other area hockey notables took part in the Big Assist V charity game in Connecticut.
- Posted by garik somewhere in the comments yesterday, Kent Wilson compares our boy Frans Nielsen with similarly skilled and sized Flames center Mikael Backlund.
- Andy Graziano of Eyes on Isles likes what the team has done so far this summer and feels they have improved over last year's edition.
AROUND THE BOARDS:
- As always, Down Goes Brown classes up Grantland with some sweet, hilarious NHL history. This time: the Greatest Heel Turns, in honor of "The Alfredsson Betrayal."
- When Bernie Parent speaks, you listen. Here he is on recent Hall of Fame inductee and coaching mastermind Fred Shero.
- Concussions: Still a problem in the NHL.
- Brendon Kichton: Still wondering why he's a Jet and not an Islander.
- Cam Charron looks at the "clutchability" of goalies through the Leafs' relationship with James Reimer.
- And speaking of the Leafs, Toronto associate (and former Islanders) coach Greg Cronin has some thoughts on shot totals. Namely, that they don't matter. Think of this as the Anti-Fancy Stats Corner. We're all about equal time here.
- Really sobering backstory on former NHLer Gilbert Brule. It's important to remember that "first round bust" isn't a job most people aim for.
- Puck Daddy blows the lid off an incredible milestone in international hockey: each team in Finland will get its own custom NHL 14 cover.
- The Predators colored the ice at Bridgestone Arena gold. Because.
In the meantime here's In The Meantime: