We've been discussing the draft -- and trades -- all day, but our first catch-all open thread has filled up with 1000+ comments. So here is the sequel, just in time for the Islanders to make their remaining six selections.
Among the Isles and league-wide topics:
- Montreal and PIttsburgh have drafted goalies.
- The Isles traded Nino Niederreiter for Cal Clutterbuck and Minnesota's third-round pick (70th overall).
- The Blackhawks have sold off both Dave Bolland (to Toronto) and Michael Frolik (to Winnipeg), two nice middle-six forwards who are the kind you need to win two Cups in four years.
- The Isles went with D again in the first round, taking big-shooting offensive blueliner Ryan Pulock.
- New Jersey has their goalie answer, nabbing Corey Schneider from the Canucks for the ninth-overall pick. (Vancouver selected Bo Horvat.)
- Several other shuffling of picks have happened, with Edmonton trading down twice under Craig MacTavish.
Alright, we'll have more later as more Isles picks come in. Feel free to continue commenting in the earlier open thread, but particularly for those whose systems or mobiles can't handle 1000 comments, here is a spring-fresh new thread.