Colin McDonald, who does have job security thanks to a two-year extension signed during this season, does not have domicile security. At least according to this promo he shot for the Tavares for EA Cover campaign:
From Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts (which as always, has more than this):
21. What victorious GM Ray Shero said to counterpart Garth Snow after the Pittsburgh Penguins-New York Islanders series: "You gave us everything we could handle and we wish you were moving to the Western Conference."
Canucks Army covets young forwards, including Nino Niederreiter and former Portland teammate Ryan Johansen. (Say, maybe we should target Johansen and get the Winterhawk band back together.) The baggage is collected therein, where you also see this rumo(u)r-ific scuttlebutt via the Winnipeg Free Press:
The Jets attempted to trade Burmistrov and reportedly had discussions with the Ottawa Senators, Buffalo Sabres and New York Islanders at the deadline. The names Jakob Silfverberg, Drew Stafford and Kyle Okposo have all been attached to Burmistrov trade rumours.
Cam Charron at Leafs Nation jumps off that thread to admire the 2012 Islanders additions.
The Angus 2nd annual Top 50 Trade Value list that features a couple of Islanders.
From the Islanders official site, Nino after his World Championship run.
Also, if you have a Long Island hockey player born between 2000 and 2001, here are dates for tryouts for the Islanders pee-wee team.
- Alain Vigneault has been shown the door in Vancouver. He is not a candidate for the Maine job.
- Jakub Voracek Lubo'd his Ferrari [Puck Daddy]
- Do you like GIFs? Here are a bunch of GIFs from last night's games. I didn't create them, I just placed them.
- This is very cool. Sens Bonk-loving blogger gets fans to pledge money to charity for various Sens achievements. Team thanks him.
- Former Islanders legend Andy Sutton is retiring. However, he still would very much like to re-sign. (Okay, I pulled that last factoid from 2010.)
Finally, in our playoff polls we neglected to do one for the Blackhawks - Red Wings series, which continues Thursday night with the Wings ahead 2-1 in the series. Consider this your evening thread for Wednesday's game (Penguins vs. Senators), but also vote and chime in on how you think the rest of the Detroit-Chicago series will go.