Eric Boulton. - Joel Auerbach
The Islanders begin a big homestand tonight against the Senators. Are they ready to grow up?
- On that note, Newsday says the Isles just gotta take advantage of this homestand. Check Silver Seven for Sens updates.
- The official site and everyone treats the Florida third period as a learning experience. The Checking Line sees the Isles growing and inching closer to maturation too.
- The Islanders prospect stats table is updated. Griffin Reinhart's Edmonton squad finished first in the WHL East and will face Kootenay in the playoffs beginning Friday.
- Uh oh, the Islanders are getting positive media coverage. /dodges sky falling this week
- On Rick DiPietro's shutout the other night, and the Sound Tigers six points out with 15 games to go. More from Nino on how happy they are for him, and from DP on getting to work on his game rather than just rehab, rehab, rehab.
If you missed it, John Tavares in an actually well-done guest interview on NBC New York yesterday: "We're really going to see what we're all about." Embedded below:
- Stop your Corey Perry Watch and change it to...Bobby Ryan or something. Perry signed for eight years, so the Ducks will have two 35-year-old forwards taking up $8M cap hits in 2021. Would be funny if the Ducks are signing high.
- Friedman's 30 Thoughts, always a good read.
- Darryl Sutter said Anze Kopitar is the best center he's ever coached. No word on whether Jeremy Roenick cried at the news.
- Old JovoCop returned to the Florida lineup the other night against the Isles, but didn't survive the game. At least he's not signed long term...
- Cool story about a third-string goalie getting his first action in the final game for North Dakota -- at the urging of the home fans.
- The Maple Leafs seem really high on Korbinian Holzer, but fans and media increasingly point out that he's not being used well.
- Ryan Suter is comfortable in Minnesota now. So there.
- You know, just because you accumulate picks doesn't mean success will come [C&B compares current Oilers to early 2000s Panthers]
- Really good piece looking at changing expectations for Alex Ovechkin.
- "The Absurdity of Colton Orr," who punches things.
Video from Practice Yesterday
Casey Cizikas: "These are the points we need."
Leave your First Islanders Goal picks for tonight in this thread.