Not much to add after yesterday's disappointing 3-0 loss at home to the Devils -- though we'll have analysis of one particular play a little later. Here are some more post-game links and clips to stew over, as well as multiple confirmations of last week's report that Lubo is imminent:
- Lubomir Visnovsky is due to report Wednesday: Newsday | Post (where Capuano says he'll alleviate minutes on the other D, and to expect a DiPietro start soon)
- Brian Strait in Newsday on that awful penalty: "I don't agree with the call, but it's part of the game."
- Post: The Devils loved Hedberg's showing yesterday.
Fire & Ice: They sure didn't want to give the Isles seven powerplays, but they also got a charge out of killing them off.
The Checking Line: More quotes from the Isles locker room. Missed chances, don't blame the bad call.
- In Lou We Trust tracked scoring chances from yesterday's game.
- Hornick's stat Skinny from the game.
- Puck Daddy gives early-season love to the Habs and Isles, though honestly it's very early and, as we saw yesterday, the Isles are still living and dying by their special teams.
- He might be there already: John Tavares: The Next NHL Superstar | The Hockey Writers
As always, Evgeni Nabokov offers some sober straight talk about yesterday's effort -- and humorously skates through Stan Fischler's "That was a bad call."
From John Tavares' post-game: "We let them off the hook."
In a scrum before yesterday's game, the coach said Josh Bailey is getting closer ... talks to the team about the young leaders taking ownership of their fate ...
Check back later for another breakdown, this time of a play that could've turned yesterday's game the other way.