About last night: Recaps from Newsday (talk of Hedberg) | Post: Tavares was "mesmerizing" | Times: Tavares, leader | Daily News: lots of hats | Star-Ledger: DeBoer says it wasn't that bad | Also, Tallinder on that penalty shot call | The Record also has DeBoer saying discipline wasn't the issue. | Eric Hornick's Skinny: The Isles have failed on 16 of their last 17 home penalty shots.
- And the full highlights were in our game recap and all that, but if you want to relive the three goals in a flash that change the game last night, here you go.
- Pissed about MSG bumping the Isles feed last night for triple OT basketball? Kevin at IPB has an explanation of the how and why.
- The Times does its tribute to the Coliseum, with Tom Renney absolutely waxing about the old barn.
- Extensions and such: Staple has an update in Newsday that says the Isles and Mark Streit have at least discussed an extension, that it's wait-and-see with Evgeni Nabokov and Lubomir Visnovsky, and Marty Reasoner is indeed being shopped. In related news, Casey Cizikas was 15-4 on faceoffs last night.
- Bridgeport: The Sound Tigers were swept in a home-and-home with Providence, and they felt jobbed by the officials last night. Scott Pellerin didn't hold back.
Your Moment of Nabby
"That my job." ... Also: "I don't think that much while I'm out there. ... I don't think too much."
The Isles next opponent, the Flyers, lost last night to Montreal, so the two are tied with 13 points though the isles have two games in hand. The Isles are two points behind the eighth-place Rangers, who have one game in hand.