By midnight tonight, the Islanders will be either ending 2013 on the right foot or the same one they started it on. Whatever you do tonight, be safe, be thankful and be sure LHH will be here in 2014. Thanks for reading and participating all year.
- Everything's coming up Kyle Okposo. Arthur Staple recaps the very good year for the possible Olympian and expectant father. And LIB Magazine makes the case for Kyle's trip to Sochi.
- Cal Clutterbuck has been Cal Clutterbuck this year. [Eyes on Isles]
- Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of Islanders fans? The Islanders Point Blank reader mailbag knows. Kudos to the brave crew over there.
- FIG Picks: Leave your final FIG picks of 2013 over this way.
- Monday's NHL scores. Blackhawks shut out the Kings and the Predators complete a season sweep of the Red Wings.
- SB Nation's full coverage of the Winter Classic which is, holy cow, one day away.
- Newsflash: every NHL team sits on leads, including the San Jose Sharks. [Fear the Fin]
- Catch up on all the guys that want off the Capitals with Russian Machine Never Breaks.
- Alberta Angst: The Oilers take a lot of bench minors and have for a long time. Also, the Flames are trying to kill Sean Monahan in a way that, if the Islanders were doing it, would once again light the fires for contraction or league takeover. [Tyler Dellow]
- Why doesn't anyone want to go to Blues games? Is it because they might run into Dom there? [St. Louis Game Time] [Ed. note: Probably. Also: Price hikes in a low-cost town.]
- The Puck Daddy gang hands out some awards for the weird and wacky happenings in hockey this year.
- P.A. Parenteau will miss about six weeks with a knee sprain. Ouch. [Denver Post]
- Zeitgeist: John Tavares is Top NHLer in ESPN's 'Poor Guy' Poll
- [Bits] Who is "The Nigerian Prince" and what is his stance on water bottles?
- Recap - New York Islanders 5, Minnesota Wild 4: Kyle Okposo completes comeback on insane St. Paul night
- [Gameday Bits] In Wild match, ex-Sound Tiger stars Niederreiter, Nelson meet
- Recap - New Jersey Devils 2, New York Islanders 1: Third-period frustration