Hey, I've been there. I hope last night's win makes it go a little faster.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | Point Blank by Keith Quinn| Islanders | Hockey erness
- Eric Hornick's Skinny including an extra bit on Islanders comebacks.
- Damage over there for "club in crisis" [Star-Tribune]: The Wild had no explanation for the collapse | Vanek enjoys L.I. | "Crestfallen and imploding," the Wild
- Some small measure of revenge was enacted both for and from Nino Niederreiter last night, but Arthur Staple talked to the former Islander about his exit, and he says he holds no ill will towards his ex-team. [New$day]
- Dee Karl wonders what I was during Saturday's Islanders-Devils telecast: since when is Kyle Okposo called "The Nigerian Prince?" Stop trying to make that happen, Peter Ruttgaizer. It's not going to happen. Still, if you get an e-mail from Okposo, might want to think twice before opening it. Just in case. [Hockey Buzz]
Other hockey stuff:
- Sunday's NHL scores. Wild night all around. Ryan Miller made 2,000 saves in the Sabres' shootout win over the Caps, James Neal had a hat trick against Columbus and the Panthers disappointed a few thousand snow bird Habs fans by beating Montreal 4-1 in Sunrise.
- World Junior round-up: Team USA beat up on Slovakia on Saturday and are looking good. More info at TSN.ca.
- The Maple Leafs and captain/caveman Dion Phaneuf are close to signing a seven-year extension according to reports. [SB Nation]
- Via his Twitter, Pierre LeBrun furthers the Michal Neuvirth trade winds, quoting his agent talking about a change of scenery and a fresh start away from Washington.
- Video: hey, Justin Bieber was at the Leafs-Hurricanes game last night. Joe Bowen, big Bieber fan.
- So what's the deal with the Spengler Cup and why do the referees have cows on their jerseys? [Third String Goalie]
- Puck Daddy's Top 10 Players of 2013. Needless to say, John Tavares makes the list.
Another 24/7 clip, but a hilarious one. DO NOT mess with the Leafs' water bottle, you guys. It makes David Clarkson mad.
- Recap - New York Islanders 5, Minnesota Wild 4: Kyle Okposo completes comeback on insane St. Paul night
- [Gameday Bits] In Wild match, ex-Sound Tiger stars Niederreiter, Nelson meet
- Recap - New Jersey Devils 2, New York Islanders 1: Third-period frustration
- New York Islanders vs. New Jersey Devils Preview: Life without John Tavares
- [Gameday Quick Bits] Day-to-Day, Minute-to-Minute, Second-to-Second