A win and good night's sleep might have been appreciated. But the Ducks are coming in hot. Until tonight, here are some quick links.
FIG Picks for Saturday can be placed here.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | NY Post on a relieved locker room | Point Blank | NHL | Blueshirt Banter
- And Dom's post-game video show.
- Eric Hornicks' super-sized Skinny from last night.
- Derek Dorsett makes weird faces and Kyle Okposo... doesn't. [SB Nation]
- In case you didn't hear it the first 200 times they said so, the Islanders and Rangers are excited about their upcoming outdoor game. Really. They're really excited. Really. [NHL]
- The Sound Tigers beat Hartford 3-0 behind goals by Mike Halmo, Anders Lee and Pierre-Marc Bouchard. [BST]
- A B/R slideshow (!) by Jonathan Willis on which general managers need to be ousted. Guess who he has at No. 1?
- Last night's NHL scores. Ducks beat the Devils in OT and the Canucks beat the Blackhawks in a shootout because two old friends just can't get enough of each other.
- Alex Ovechkin scored goal No. 400 last night against the Hurricanes. I think at least 100 of those were scored against the Islanders in overtime. [SB Nation]
- Coyotes captain Shane Doan is being treated for Rocky Mountain fever. It's a bacterial disease and has nothing to do with Joe Walsh. [AZ Central]
- Assault charges against Semyon Varlamov have been dropped. [Puck Daddy]
- Brooks Orpik talks frankly (and frighteningly) about his altercation with Shawn Thornton. [Slam! Sports]
- The Blackhawks and Rangers both unveiled their Stadium Series jerseys. Both are sorta meh. Are the Rangers paying tribute to the AHL Wolfpack? Chicago | New York
- On Thursday, the Oilers traded unwanted but talented forward Linus Omark to the Sabres for a sixth round pick. I kinda wanted Garage Sale Garth to give him a home. Copper and Blue says farewell to a kid that never quite got a fair shake.
- Ladies can brawl, too, especially when Canada and the U.S. get together. [Puck Daddy]
Staple's line of the evening:
That game was the hockey equivalent of the debate between Jerry and George over who's the bigger idiot. Not anyone's finest moment.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) December 21, 2013
- Islanders' 1979 Christmas album brings holiday standards, gang vocals to your hearth
- [Bits] Close-talkers, Closed Doors and Christmas Presents
- 12/18/13 LHH Power Rankings - Tis the Season, for Getting Beaten
- [Bits] In four seconds, a hummingbird will beat its wings 200 times
- Lightning 3, Islanders 2 (SO): Why We Can't Have Nice Things