And an unhappy first Stromeahkuh comes to an end. The Islanders await Tampa Bay on Tuesday.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | IPB | Eyes on the Prize
- Staple does a full bio on Ryan Strome prior to last night's game. [New$day]
- The Sound Tigers beat Providence 2-1 on Saturday. Mike Cornell and Alan Quine were the goal-scorers.
Other Team links
- Last night's NHL scores. Leafs win big over the Blackhawks and Canucks fans got some (small, probably) catharsis after their team crushed Boston at home.
- Injuries! Evgeni Malkin took a hard ride into the boards and left the Penguin's win over the Red Wings, Jarome Iginla mangled his hand in a pointless fight with Ryan Kessler, and George Parros is OK after leaving the Coliseum last night after his fight with Eric Boulton.
- Biggest news of the day: Bruins' Shawn Thornton suspended 15 games for mugging Brooks Orpik a week ago. Reaction from Stanley Cup of Chowder here. Dave Lozo thinks Thornton got off easy and has some pointed words for him.
- Not be outdone, David Clarkson got a suspension of his own yesterday, and will sit two games for checking St. Louis' Vladimir Sobotka on Friday.
- The Blackhawks acquired goalie Jason LaBarbera from the Oilers for future considerations in a trade that came out of nowhere until you remember that Corey Crawford is hurt. [Second City Hockey]
- Incredibly, Steven Stamkos is skating again and may actually be bionic. Raw Charge is looking into this.
- The new Red Wings-Maple Leafs focused season of HBO's 24/7 premiered last night and for those without a box office in their home, The Sporting News has some highlights. Prepare for a deluge of "Randy Carlyle versus the Toaster" jokes.
- Almost time for USA Hockey to make their decisions on a roster for the Olympics. [NHL]
- Hazing is dangerous. Don't do it. [Globe and Mail]
- Lyle Richardson at Bleacher Report with a slideshow (naturally) rundown of the teams with the most trade bait. Yes, the Islanders are included.
- Frustrating fourth-line forward Chris Thorburn is a thorn in the side of discerning Winnipeg Jets fans like the ones at Arctic Ice Hockey.
- For fun: Megalodon at Battle of California has devised a turn-based hockey card game. I'll wait for the Nintendo 3DS version.
- Recap - Montreal Canadiens 1, New York Islanders 0 (OT): Nabby returns, Isles scoreless in Ryan Strome's debut
- New York Islanders vs. Montreal Canadiens Preview: Ryan Strome lines and such
- Isladners Gameday News: Ryan Strome debuts, for real this time
- 'The Charles Story'
- [Bits] Coyote Mauling, Calgary Conversion, Christmas Cards