So this morning we await news on who joins the scapewagon to make room for Strome. (Also, on that note: I guess there was an ESPN chat where they actually ran a question about whether Strome would get 40 points the rest of this season. How about we set realistic expectations, eh?)
- Anyway, Isles official site does the Strome treatment, complete with calling it technically his "first recall." As if there might be more. Get it? [Isles]
- PUT STROME ON YOUR FANTASY TEAM NOW. [nhl.com]
- Strome will wear Eddie Westfall's old number. [The Skinny] If you don't know who Westfall is, we can't be friends. (Seriously though, read up a bit.)
- Scott Pellerin on Johan Sundstrom taking Strome's spot at Bridgeport: ""It's an opportunity for him to play, to continue to develop, to play with confidence, to take charge, to take that next step in his game. It's not going to be easy." [CT Post]
- Not sure what critics will be kept at bay by a shootout win, but here's Newsday on the troubles they still hold.
- Kenny Reiter comes into his own. (Best goalie in the org?) [BST]
- Chris went through the trouble of tracking how many times each Eastern team gave up a quick goal after scoring (spoiler: Isles not so hot), so you better go check it out. BAD JOBE, MCLANNY.
- The New York Islanders have taken a decided step backward. [ESPN/Burnside]
- Isles aren't specifically mentioned here, but duh: Revenue sharing could help small-market NHL teams keep up with rising salary cap - Yahoo Sports Canada
- Brooklyn will save all of us, right? Value of Atlantic Yards Cut Sharply - WSJ.com
NHL and Stuff
- Scott Hartnell is kind of a tool, but in contrast to the 1980s, they apparently call a penalty when you treat a goal against as an excuse to level the goal scorer. [SB Nation]
- You can change! NHL Player Safety Dept. tries to change behavior, not just punish it - Sports - The Boston Globe
- So sad. This is the only way for the Columbus Blue Jackets to get SportsCenter coverage | December | 2013
- Phaneuf finally gets suspended for doing Phaneuf-ian things. [Leafs Nation]
- Cover your eyes: The 10 worst NHL Winter Classic collectables | Puck Daddy - Yahoo Sports
- Surely, he's right. Just ask Ken Dryden. Jay Rosehill says that if you dislike fighting in hockey, you don't like hockey - Broad Street Hockey
- MAYBE WHEN IT DOESN'T LEAD TO JOHN TAVARES BEING RANKED 26: When will the NHL adopt advanced statistical analysis?
Ryan Strome Love
People are being so hype-frenzied about Strome, we might as well combine it with Star Wars:
Your First Islanders Goal picks for tonight's game may be entered here. Bet you pick Strome.