Don't read this. Go out and clean your yard, take in a movie, spend time with your family or learn to make perfect chocolate chip pancakes. Don't give this team any more attention than they deserve.
Islanders/Sound Tigers stuff
- Well, if you're gonna keep reading, you might as well know this: Bruce Garrioch reports that Garth Snow is trying to get his team a new goalie and Ryan Miller might be the guy. Of course, no reasoning behind such a move is given other than, "Islanders need goalie" and "Ted Nolan is tough." So, take it with a huge grain of salt. Or don't. Stop reading. [Ottawa Sun]
- Arthur Staple on the newest addition to their Crushing Last Minute Loss Collection. [New$day]
- Staple also spoke with Calvin deHaan about his recent recall.
- Brett Cyrgalis has the players taking positives from another heart breaker. [NY Post]
- Frustrated players are frustrated. [Islanders]
- From Eric Hornick's Skinny: This was Alex Ovechkin's 5th career overtime goal against the Islanders (12/16/2008, 1/19/2009, 3/1/2011, 2/28/2012 and 11/30/2013). God almighty. [Skinny]
- Japers' recap hilariously assumed the game was over with the Islanders up a goal and on the power play. Guess they don't watch the Islanders that often. I recommend they don't start now.
- On Monday, Doug Weight and Bill Guerin will be inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame. [NHL]
- Bridgeport lost a tight defensive battle on Saturday, falling 8-6 to Albany. [BST]
- The Sound Tigers also signed defenseman Mike Banwell to a PTO. [NHL Free Agents]
- A pair of stories about Matt Donovan's return to the Sound Tigers by Michael Fornabaio. He sparked the team in Friday night's win over Hartford and brings many skills wherever he plays.
- Saturday night's NHL scores. Habs beat Leafs 4-2 as Toronto's slide continues and the Blackhawks just can't lose and California goalies got all goofy.
- Dallas' Stephane Robidas will miss 4-6 months (yes, months) with a fractured leg he sustained on Friday. He appeared to lose an edge and crash awkwardly into the boards. An enormous loss for the Stars. Speedy recovery to him. [SB Nation]
- In less sympathetic injury news, Current AHLer/Sabres agitator Patrick Kaleta will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL. [DBTB]
- Report: Senior Citizen Lobbies to Keep Job. [Puck Daddy]
- On Sunday, Daniel Alfredsson plays his first game in Ottawa since leaving the Senators. As expected, Silver Seven has a heartfelt and thorough look at the former Senators captain's legacy.
- The dangers of plus/minus by friend of the blog Neil Greenberg.
- Miro Satan signs with Slovan Bratislava of the KHL. So don't hang around Ice Works looking for him. At least until next summer. [Pravda]
In case the Islanders have made you forget that hockey can be beautiful and epic and wonderful, here's Hockey Night in Canada's opening to last night's Leafs-Habs game. It's glorious.