No rest for the weary. The Islanders grabbed a box of Timbits after the game in Kanata and headed back to Long Island to face the Bruins. Look, I'm gonna do this quick because my Batman: Arkham Origins Collectors Edition came in the mail and I want to play.
FIG Picks for tonight's game go here.
Arthur StapleSpecial guest star Anthony Rieber recaps the Islanders not pressing the panic button. [New$day]
- Sens recaps: Sens Extra laments a lost point, while Silver Seven talks blown leads and odd coaching decisions. Sound familiar?
- The Sound Tigers beat the Worcester Sharks 7-1 last night. Ryan Strome had a ho-hum two goals and three assists. [BST]
- Frans Nielsen is tearing up the NHL so far this season and Ken Campbell of The Hockey News asks if he can keep it up. Dan Saraceni of Lighthouse asks if Ken Campbell knew who Frans Nielsen was a month ago. [THN]
- The Islanders have... a lot of issues. [Eyes on Isles]
- Michael Willhoft of Eyes on Isles is a very smart man. He's had enough of the fire and brimstone of #IslesTwitter and has quit social media cold turkey (at least, for the time being) to regain some semblance of game night sanity. I encourage more people to follow his lead and step away from the pound sign. [EoI]
- Last Night's NHL Scores including...
- A Flyers-Caps game that was a disaster of John Carter proportions. The final score was 7-0 Washington, but an ugly line brawl broke out and Ray Emery decided to mercilessly beat on the coconut of an unwilling Braden Holtby. Afterwards, a Flyers writer was escorted out of the building and Emery - are you ready? - was named third star of the game. We haven't heard the last of this one. [Puck Daddy]
- Attention angry children of Edmonton: Leave Dallas Eakins' kids alone! [Edmonton Sun]
- Maple Leafs forward Carter Ashton was suspended two game for this stupid hit in Calgary. [PPP]
- Brian Burke had his say about fighting and Sportsnet's Shannon Proudfoot has a pretty succinct rebuttal (that I kind of agree with) [Sportsnet]
- Manny Malhotra has signed a one-year contract with the Hurricanes and is trying to make it all the way back after his eye injury. [Puck Daddy]
- And speaking of the Canes, they have some goaltending issues of their own to deal with, namely, that they don't have any. [News & Observer]
- Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen wants Marian Gaborik to show more leadership before he engages in contract negotiations with the UFA winger. [Blue Jackets Xtra]
- Connor McDavid/Sidney Crosby comparisons. No pressure. [Sportsnet]
Where would the Islanders have been last night without the heroic work of No. 91 John Tavarese? (h/t to Kevin Schultz at IPB)
More from Lighthouse Hockey:
- New York Islanders vs. Ottawa Senators Preview: Somebody's busting a slump
- [Gameday Bits] Fitting In, Fighting, Flyers, Forlorn Friends & the Frozen Four
- The Rick DiPietro Owner's Manual
- Islanders News: Capuano Eases; Bridgeport Struggles; DiPietro Debuts for Charlotte
- Five (of 30) Thoughts: Elliotte Friedman on Snow, Sabres & Vanek Trade Background