The Islanders' four-game losing streak is no more. Use this hump day to take a breath.
- Arthur Staple calls the game a "must win" which is true for both the Islanders and his Twitter timeline. John Tavares says his hip was sore after a slide into the boards, but he expects to be fine. [New$day]
- John Jeansonne on the Islanders' innovative penalty-killing strategy: don't take penalties. [New$day again]
- The Islanders recap chronicles a good team win that actually was one. [Islanders]
- NEW! Eric Hornick with The Skinny on last night. [Hornick]
- Dirk Hoag's recap at On the Forecheck is short and to the point. Despite the offensive outburst, the Predators' slump continues. And their next game is in Pittsburgh. Good luck, Perds. [OTF]
- Touching story on Isles prospect playing with ECHL Stockton: "Mike Dalhuisen lost his mother to cancer when he was a teenager, but she left him with a lifetime of lessons about dealing with adversity, living his life and giving back to others."
- Ticket information and logos for the Stadium Series games. [NHL]
- Recaps, news and stats from the Sound Tigers' weekend. [BST]
- Guess who's back:
- Mike Milbury and a host of other sports notables respond to fan letters. Mad Mike's letter is benign, but his penmanship is superb. [Deadspin]
Weirdness from around the NHL:
- Last Night's NHL Scores. Devils beat the Rangers,and the Panthers and Sabres beat the Ducks and Kings. Jonathan Quick left L.A.'s game in overtime with a knee injury.
- News from Tuesday's General Managers meetings. Topics include fighting, bullying, overtime and other stuff. [SBN]
- Craig MacTavish has had it up to here with all this Nail Yakupov trade-no-not-being-traded stuff. [Yahoo!]
- Is Ilya Bryzgalov the answer for MacTavish's Oilers? Is Pope Siberian Husky? [Copper and Blue]
- Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin don't go through slumps. Do they? (answer: yes, they do) [The Pens Blog]
- Ranking Phoenix Coyotes uniforms from worst to best. Do not look directly at the psychedelic canine. [Five for Howling]
- Where in the World is Rick Jeanneret? He's calling the play-by-play and wearing a helmet between the benches at First Niagara Center because he couldn't get to the press box. [Puck Daddy]
- A brief (but fascinating) history of Ottawa Senators goaltending controversies. [Silver Seven]
- Hey, you kids out there - don't swing your stick at an opponent's neck. You might get a penalty. [Deadspin]
- Canadiens teammates P.K. Subban and Lars Eller face off against each other. But not in hockey - in Jenga Tetris. [Eyes on the Prize]
Who's happy? I'm happy. You're happy. And this South African hockey player in the Norwegian League sure as shit is happy, too. Let's dance.
More from Lighthouse Hockey:
- New York Islanders 3, Nashville Predators 1: Slump busted.
- Recap - New York Islanders 3, Nashville Predators 1: Functional domination
- New York Islanders vs. Nashville Predators Preview: Kevin Poulin starts ... new chapter dawns?
- Zeitgeist: Violent Dispute over Hockey Stats Leaves 16 Bloggers Injured
- Islanders News: Thomas Vanek return in sight; Travis Hamonic OK