- Arthur Staple recaps the win over the Coyotes. Jack Capuano keeps things in perspective: "We got some bounces. Let's not kid ourselves." [New$day] More (video) from Capuano in his post-game over in this LHH thread.
- Staple's update on Cal Clutterbuck's status contains some quick quotes from Coyotes GM and former Islanders bad-trade-maker Don Maloney [$ame Paper]
- The New York Post's Brett Cyrgalis discusses what the Islanders can do with current healthy-scratch Griffin Reinhart and ratchets up the agida by invoking the name of Nino Niederreiter. I gotta take issue with Cyrgalis here. He conveniently forgets that Ryan Strome spent a few games with the Islanders as a healthy scratch in 2011, went back to junior and was (and is) fine. Dredging up Nino isn't necessary since in the two years between then and now the Islanders circumstances (and finances) have changed dramatically. [NY Post]
- The Sound Tigers website talks with ALTERNATE captain Aaron Ness. [BST]
- Sean Leahy of Yahoo! and Puck Daddy fame writes about the Islanders' evolution and adjusted expectations after last season's success. [Puck Daddy]
- From yesterday: the Islanders re-assigned fan favorite and ink enthusiast Kirill Kabanov to Stockton of the ECHL because... well, it's a long story. [LHH]
- UPDATE: Eric Hornick's Skinny following last night's game. [Hornick]
- Tim Thomas left last night's game against Philly with a lower body injury. I bet the NSA is behind it [SBN]
- The Sharks destroyed the Rangers last night. Tomas Hertl did this for his fourth goal of the night.
- Avalanche phenom Nathan MacKinnon took some lessons this summer from a couple of guys named Sidney Crosby and John Tavares. [Sportsnet]
- Litter Box Cats kindly lays out the current NHL waiver process, aka The Gospel According to Garth. [LBC]
- Bob Hartley and the Calgary Flames have been OK so far by embracing a grinding style of hockey. Draft picks be damned. [Calgary Sun]
- In Lou We Trust encourages Devils fans to keep their fingers off the panic button. [ILWT]
- Canada's Olympic Jerseys Officially Revealed, Are Still Ugly. [Habs Eyes on the Prize]
- Ex-Islander Recon: The Winnipeg Jets still love Brenden Kichton. [Jets]
Shane Doan: Man of the People:
More from Lighthouse Hockey:
- Recap: New York Islanders 6, Phoenix Coyotes 1 - Powerplay, Nielsen line in cakewalk; Donovan scores 1st NHL goal
- Preview: New York Islanders vs. Phoenix Coyotes, with both homes secure
- Zeitgeist: Flyers Name Sylvester Stallone Head Coach
- Islanders (and Ex-Isles) News: Who's dumped for Clutterbuck, and why was Laviolette dumped?