While Evgeni Nabokov burns the tapes of last night's game, you can read these links.
Last night's NHL scores. Hug a Habs fan today.
- Arthur Staple's recap fingers Nabokov as the culprit last night. Tough to argue otherwise. [New$day]
- Brett Cyrgalis calls the Islanders "sloppy" despite the point earned. [NY Post]
- NEW! The Canucks perspective on the game from the Nucks Misconduct recap. [NM]
- And Dom's recap is here. [LHH]
- Eric Hornick with stats n' stuff from last night in The Skinny. [Hornick]
- The Islanders don't plan on rushing Lubomir Visnovsky back from his concussion, which is a good idea in the grand scheme of things. [New$day]
- VIDEO: Matt Moulson sat down with NHL Network's Kathryn Tappen for a pair of interviews. In the first, he talks about last season's return to the playoffs and in the second he talks about Nabokov's influence on the team prior to last night's game I JUST WRITE THE BITS DON'T SHOOT! [Part 1] [Part 2]
- Former Islander Adrian Aucoin announced his retirement yesterday and took a coaching position with the Blackhawks. A great player and one of the all-time minute munchers in his time with the Islanders, the NHL is a little less exciting without him. [Hockey House]
- Did you watch Big Shot last night after the game? You should have. Here's a Sean Leahy interview with director Kevin Connolly about the movie. [Puck Daddy]
- The Senators and Dany Heatley have settled a contract grievance over a bonus payment that you didn't know was going on. [Puck Daddy]
- A court date has been set for Steve Moore's civil trial against Todd Bertuzzi, a case you thought was settled years ago. [CBC]
- Pierre LeBrun talks Patrick Kaleta appealing his suspension and other NHL bits including a potential fire sale in Florida. [ESPN]
All Over the Place:
- You know what "Bulletin Board Material" is? Well, the Canadiens' Lars Eller gave the Edmonton Oilers a wall full of it before last night's game, and Dallas Eakins used it to motivate his team. The words, "running his mouth" were used. [Sporting News]
- How 'bout them (that? those?) Avalanche? They're winning and it's like 1996 all over again. I hope we're all dressing better now than we did then. [SB Nation]
- And with Colorado and Edmonton in mind, Tyler Dellow looks into the frequency of goalie hot and cold streaks [mc79hockey]
- Writing for Backhand Shelf, Ryan Lambert examines Henrik Lundqvist's season, his next contract and the Rangers' Plan B. No matter what happens this season, Lundqvist will be a very rich and very handsome man by this time next year. [BHS]
- Want the Islanders to make a trade? Get your fantasy fix with CapGeek's Trade Machine. [CapGeek]
- Youngster Sean Monahan has been a revelation for Calgary so far this season. But should the Flames send him back to junior? Clock's ticking. [Yahoo]
- HEY HEY HEY LOOK! YOU THOUGHT OL' GRAPES DIDN'T LIKE HOCKEY STATS? YA SAID, "THAT OL' FOOL DON CHERRY, HE DON'T KNOW WHAT'S UP WITH TODAY'S NHL!" WELL. GUESS. WHAT. I GOT MY OWN STATS I BEEN WORKIN' ON AND JUST LIKE ROBERT GORDON ORR, THEY'RE BETTER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE OUT THERE! LET ME SHOW YA! LET'S GO! [Puck Daddy]
Good on the Reverend Brock Nelson on his first NHL goal.
More from Lighthouse Hockey:
- New York Islanders vs. Vancouver Canucks Gameday: Home comfort meets long road
- New York Islanders vs. Vancouver Canucks Gameday: Life without Visnovsky, Grabner
- Luongo on What Went Wrong on Long Island: 'I could throw a name out there'
- New York Islanders vs. Vancouver Canucks: 4 Questions with Nucks Misconduct
- [Gameday Bits] No Visnovsky, No Grabner, No Hamrlik, No Roger, No Re-Run, No Rent.