New Isle, old Isle. - Jeff Gross
Tis the season. The season for getting this crazy machine off and running.
Like all teams, the New York Islanders are working on the fly to get a normal training camp -- and several new, unfamiliar bodies -- into a team structure within just one week.
In a nice sign, new acquisition Keith Aucoin was splitting duties with Marty Reasoner at 4C this morning, per Newsday's Arthur Staple and the team twitter. But what if they added a different center who's available at waiver wire prices?
- Talk of the powerplay: Making the Time Count [see see sidebar, including PP lines] | The PP didn't look so hot in the scrimmage; they hadn't gotten to that phase of camp yet. [New York Hockey Journal]
- On Thomas Hickey: Change of scenery? [official site] | Being claimed by the Isles was the "best news I've heard in a long time." [NY Hockey Journal] | Why didn't he make it with the Kings? [Quisp]
- Local hockey broadcasters talk about the Isles' move to Brooklyn [Newsday]
- Playoffs? Johnny T. talkin' about playoffs? [Post]
- UPDATED: Tavares on BBoomer & Carton, asking how he spent da monts and monts witaut hockey.
- How does this team get over the hump in the division? [IPB]
- This is how the gang at Japers' Rink saw new Islander Keith Aucoin at the end of last year. [Japers']
- A look at the Islanders' first 10 games. [THW]
- Nino Niederreiter and Matt Donovan are All- . [Soundin' Off]
- By dumping Matthew Lombardi and waiving Tim Connolly, the Leafs are going with the Utes. [ESPN]
- Who will win the Cup, do you reckon? [Puck Daddy]
- These are impressive beards. [the Score]
- Nikolai Khabibulin is not good anymore. [Copper n Blue]
Still can't believe it all (finally) starts tomorrow, can you?