Yes, Gary Bettman still wants a reduction in the NHLPA's share of hockey revenue and yes, the Brooklyn arena masterminds still want the New York Islanders as a tenant.
On the latter, Newsday's Steve Zipay has a few quotes from the usual (as well as the usual no comment) on that. Bill Daly is quoted as saying the possibility is "intriguing," although it's unclear whether that's because Daly would find anything non-CBA-related intriguing at this point.
Speaking of which: PA and owner reps meet today. Will we see a counterproposal and a working holiday weekend? Or the escalation of a cold war? Full videos of Wednesday's pressers are here. And here's an interesting look at areas the owners are targeting in figuring HRR (with some oddly optimistic talk, too). ... Zach Parise is not as optimistic.
A few more reads:
- The Islanders haven't won much nor spent much the last five years, so BusinessWeek ranks them at 88 among "smart spenders" of 122 major North American sports teams. Edmonton and Toronto are in the bottom five.
- Two more entries in the endless Brad Boyes discussion: IPB (reacting to the CBS post from earlier), and Hockey Tracker.
- RMNB ranks the top 10 SB Nation hockey blog names. We rank higher than Tavares, pthhhhhtt. Wonder if we'd have gone with the original Because Arbour #$%ing Said So, would we rank higher?
- Puck Daddy sees winners and losers from the NBC Sports TV schedule.
- Meet Connor McDavid, the next teen hype.
- NEW: Fornabaio finds Tomas Marcinko trying out for Modo.
- NEW II: Nets fan says Isles have every reason to move to Brooklyn.
Happy negotiating, fellas.