Some New York Islanders and general hockey news and reads you may have missed during a slow week:
- A profile of new Sound Tigers coach Scott Pellerin [CTPost]
- Unconsidered options for financing the Coliseum? [LIBN]
- If you missed this, it's fantastic: Travis Hamonic and his mom detail the night he took the puck to the face.
- Surprising: Jason Clark signed an ELC with the Isles, leaving Wisconsin. Not surprising: Ty Wishart re-signing on a two-way deal.
- Hockey Prospectus details the top 10 Islanders prospects. We compare lists here.
- Good stuff, fantasy angle: Off-season report - Islanders, Devils - The Hockey News
- Streit restoring "the honor" of the "C"?
- The SEL's top 15 new additions includes the Rhett.
- Look out: John Tavares is now on Twitter.
News from Elsewhere in Hockey:
- Nathan Lawson is now with the Senators.
- Arbitration explained ...
... and arbitration avoided. Sam Gagner settles for a prove-it contract of one year, $3.2 million.
- CBA Talk: Great insight at Copper & Blue. I muse on how the Shea Weber offer sheet tells us the issues the CBA poses.
- Review of the TJ Oshie contract negotiations is interesting, as it buys out some UFA years and hues to a sort of internal team cap.
- Are the Sabres, Lightning rising? Some lip service to the Isles' playoff chances as well.
- Freidman's final 30 Thoughts of this season were fantastic, in case you missed them.
- Edmonton is down with an arena design, though the costs are spiraling.
- Abstract: NHL Goalie Stats 1998-99 to 2010-12 - Hockey Abstract
- Ties that bind: Relocation Roulette: The Ties that Bind in NHL Franchise Movement