Unless the Devils figure out something right quick, tonight is the last game of the 2011-12 NHL season and the crowning of the L.A. Kings as Stanley Cup champion. I'm just going to let that sink in for a moment...
Consider this the open thread for Game 4, as well as a chance to mull other recent news (Kate Murray speaks!) around the world o' hockey, some of which are linked below:
- Kate Murray is saying the usual things ("Almost everything under the sun is allowable") about Nassau developers. Newsday's Patrick Whittle tweets some of them.
- Is Poulin ready? Knockin' On The Poulin Wall? | New York Islanders | The Checking Line
- Cuomo says don't give me no casino talk. [Newsday]
- Like oh, say, someone saw Bettman in Brooklyn.
- Pretty wild story about the summer league Oleksy runs.
- On the NHL's wonky hit stats (which Matt Martin led last season).
General News of the Hockey
- Stanley Cup Final: Ranford on the last (and only) 16-2 team | Although NBC means you get Doc and Devils sentiment forced into your airways, L.A. will have its local announcer son the DVD. | Heh: Martin Brodeur Was Angry Over Alec Martinez's Game 3 Goal - SBNation.com | HOLLYWOOD, meet Stanley
- Hockey Club from Montreal: Let it never be forgotten how thoroughly Michel Therrien ripped his Penguins team before he was shown the door. Fans aren't exactly impressed. Next, Martin LaPointe is expected to join the fold.
- Via Puck Daddy, this is cool: The Science of Hockey Ice
- R.I.P, Vlad: Remembering Vladimir Krutov, Soviet hockey legend on KLM Line, who died at 52 | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports
- Great 30 Thoughts from earlier this week. Interesting CBA/drug/schedule talk: Curious case of Tim Thomas, NHL's drug policy + 30 Thoughts | Hockey | CBC Sports
Draft Talk: Woo, the combine. | Great interview with Nail Yakupov. | The Sabres let three 2010 picks go unsigned. | What the Flames have done and what they plan to do now.
- Glendale: New Coyotes owner to receive at least $15-million a year from Glendale - The Globe and Mail
- Free Agents: Free agent list: FreeAgents.xlsx ... So Radaulov is done in Nashville [On The Forecheck]
- And Knuble is done in Washington. [WaPo]
- And as for Wolski with the Panthers? [Litter Box Cats]
- Corey Pronman says Justin Schultz is a potential #2 defenseman.
- But Tambellini sticks around. As does Tallon.
- Why nobody wanna do Anaheim?
- Just bizarre, bizarre media machinations with Brian Burke rumors in Toronto [Puck Daddy] [Kuklas]
- Filip Kuba, would ya'? [Sens will part ways with Kuba]
- Really now: NHL announces celebrity presenters for NHL Awards - 2012 NHL Awards
Enjoy the game.