Vote For Fenster.
The NHL awards are tonight in Vegas and there's all sorts of pomp and celebrity presenter nonsense and what-not. For the New York Islanders, Matt Moulson is up for the Lady Byng, but otherwise there's not any Isles-related suspense there.
Still, it makes sense to think about who is worthy. We covered several of the awards with our own panel picks (linked below along with other current clips) immediately following the season.
Consider this your awards night and general news bits (links below) thread.
Previous Awards Discussion
- Here's where we landed for the Norris (Erik Karlsson, mostly).
- And here's the discussion of the Vezina (Jonathan Quick taking the bulk of support).
- The Calder Trophy discussion leaned toward the Landeskog.
- The Lady Byng was all about golden Matt Moulson, naturally
- A little later, we tried to figure out how on Earth you determine a Masterton winner.
I find the Hart Trophy for MVP impossibly hard to pick. (A goalie? A top scorer? A top two-way player? Take your pick.)
As for the Selke Trophy for best defensive forward, I mean ... well ... do I even have to speak his name?
Links of This and That
- Very fun game here: Match the Islander with his draft year scouting report.
- Oh, that's helpful: Bettman says CBA talks to start probably in 'not too distant future'
- Just so we're clear, everyone and their brother would like to upgrade their top 4 defensemen: Blues seek a defenseman [stltoday]
- IPB does Forsberg: 2012 DRAFT PROFILE – Filip Forsberg, F, Leksands IF (SWE) | islanderspointblank.com
- CBS does HockeyProspect.com
- Down Goes Brown does the draft the DGB way.
- PPP does futility.
- Erik Karlsson has a fat new deal with the Senators.
- The TSN final draft rankings are out, in case you missed them.