It's been hashed and rehashed and will be hashed evermore about the decision to play 2010 draftees Ryan Johansen, Nino Niederreiter and Brett Connolly in the NHL this year. Each of the big forwards drafted 4-5-6 two summers ago saw their lumps and scratches as they spent this season in the limbo that by agreement allows for no AHL.
- Juniors-focused site Buzzing the Net looks at the seasons of ex-Portland Winterhawks teammates Niederreiter and Johansen and whether it was the right move. Nino is getting a lot of ice time for Switzerland at the Worlds right now.
- No one knows what a much-rumored "amnesty" clause in the next CBA would look like, but the different possibilities sure have people guessing about Rick DiPietro. Even more awkward: If no CBA is reached until well into training camp or beyond.
- Should the Islanders try to do anything with the rights to Corey Trivino?
- On Ted Nolan and the Latvians.
- 1975 nostalgia on Marek vs. Wyshynski with Chico. [FanShot]
- Playoffs: The Devils have the Flyers on the brink; the Kings pushed the Blues over.
- At the Worlds: Why is Dan Bylsma "Observing" the IIHF Men’s World Championship? | The United States of Hockey
More highlights from the U.S. OT win over Canada.
- Ex-Islander Marc Bergevin and the Habs want Rick Dudley to join their staff. Problem is, he's with the Leafs and the draft is next month.
- Sounds like the NHL will announce a purchase agreement for the Coyotes today.
- Jaromir Jagr tells Penguins fans he saved the franchise in 1999. Problem is, most Penguins fans weren't around in 1999.
- 2012 Draft: Pronman's 6-10 explained. | Forsberg ("the Swed Forsb") examined
Speaking of the draft, we'll be doing a Top 25 Under 25 refresh over the next month. Look for the first post in that series today.