Have you ever dug into the SI vault? If not you should, because there's acres of Islanders history there, from Chico Resch's $1000 hair weave and his magical posts in 1975 to Mike Bossy's lust for goals and respect -- and even concerns the Isles' defensive commitment held him back. (Heh. The NERVE.)
Anyway, you could lose an hour or two in that vault if you're not careful. More links o' fun:
- Memorial Cup: Edmonton lost to London, while Kirill Kabanov's Shawinigan play Saint John tonight.
- Obscure and irrelevant but funny: Islanders goalie Al Montoya, the most popular hockey player on Wikipedia? | Puck Daddy
- Some really rich discussion of the 2012 top draft prospects here; they rate Yakupov 2nd.
- And then there's this list: 2012 NHL Draft - Top 80 Forwards | NHLNumbers.com
- Love this piece because it's just so darned Sutter-y: Johnson: Darryl's success no surprise to Brian Sutter
- Love this from Kevin Lowe because one of the things Oilers fans rip is the glacial speed at which their team makes decisions.
- Who the blank is this guy?
- Great question, but easy answer: Should The Devils Forfeit The Kovalchuk Pick? | NHLNumbers.com
- Another great question: The Effect of Zone Starts on Offensive Production | NHLNumbers.com
- Fun: P.K. and Malcolm Subban Talk Being Black in the NHL, Sibling Rivalry and the 2012 Draft | Complex
- Business-like: The Business of Sports: Comparing the NHL to NFL, NBA, MLB & more | Hockey Gear HQ
- Invevitable: Oliver Ekman-Larsson's Undervalued Season | NHLNumbers.com
- Furry: Behold, the incredible playoff beards of Radko Gudas and AHL’s Norfolk Admirals | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports
- A monstrous way of not broadcasting anything worthwhile: Pierre McGuire on why what happens inside the glass stays there
- How dare the Penguins insult their fans by giving away draft tickets and acting like the thing should be celebrated.