That's how it goes / Everybody knows
The Devils tied up the Tri-State Hate series again last night, and Mike Rupp turned things up to 11 once the score was out of hand, looking for a ruckus, throwing a shot at Martin Brodeur, and leading to my favorite gif of a playoffs that have been filled with great gifs.
Here are some comments and inside views of the new Brooklyn arena, which will be home to a basketball team and Leonard Cohen concerts -- and maybe a preseason hockey game if there's no work stoppage. ("Say goodbye to Alexandra leaving / Then say goodbye to Alexandra lost" ?). You can see that if it has hockey, the seating will be on top of that rink:
Memorial Cup: After two games aside, all teams are 1-1, which is awesome and hasn't happened since the tourney went to this format in 1983. This kind of drama is why Carte Blanche secured the naming rights, I tell ya'.
- An extensive interview with Mark Streit (in German). He says it would be sehr gut if you bought season tickets. Bitte.
- Was Cam Barker the worst defenseman last season, and does Mark Eaton have a case? (No and yes.)
- Virtual JT91 rallies his supporters.
More Hockey for the Hockey Lover in You
- Did someone mention work stoppage? All your reasons for fear in one place.
- Did someone mention areeners? Report: Red Wings select architect for new, 18,000-seat arena | The Detroit News
- Was Erik Karlsson the best defenseman last season? (Maybe not, but more on that later with our next awards ballot.)
- The Los Angeles Kings PR folks have a sense of humor ... and sadly, a history of like 15 different logos.
- Maybe so: Why Zach Parise is worth spending money on | Backhand Shelf | Blogs | theScore.com
- Maybe not: Zach Parise: Excellent player, free agency contract risk | NHLNumbers.com
- Was it for this RFA I sought? Sunday Speculation: Is He Worth an Offer Sheet? - Canes Country
- Canes have extended McBain for two years.
- Evgeni Malkin had himself quite a year. It's just a shame lazy Euro Russians don't want to win or whatever.
- Updated funny IIHF rankings.
- IIHF celebrations are awesome, always.
Bonus Cohen NHL lyric:
Everybody knows the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes ...