Not only a good guy, but his brother-in-law's fairly talented too.
We'll have a look at the New York Islanders depth chart a little later today, but first here's an open thread for hockey discussion and link sharing.
- Last night's victors: The Caps squeaked by. The Kings blew it open early. This Oshie/Penner massive hit is indicative of where that series is heading though. (Well, friction-wise anyway.)
- As posted in comments yesterday, Nino Niederreiter on his season and getting a chance to extend it at the W.C. (No, not the loo.)
- As if you needed another reason to like Matt Moulson: Moulson Named Finalist For NHL Foundation Award [FanShot]
- Another reset of the "Brooklyn's built for hockey" / "Well I suppose" narrative. [AP] Related: Nets' Brooklyn re-branding effort. (From the WSJ link: "I don't want to say it looks artisanal because you will want to punch me in the face, and I will want to punch myself in the face, too.")
- Catching up with draft prospect Dominik Volek, who has two great names, if you ask me.
- Revisiting a discussion yesterday: Trotz: Radulov "absolutely" deserved critique from Jones, Roenick
- Linus Omark: Would ya? | Jordan Staal: Do ya?
- Also at C&B: Aging Goalies: What Does The Future Hold For Luongo, Miller & Bryzgalov?
- Finally, I just liked this story for this quote: "I'd like to be the guy that looks at Mike Gillis and says, 'You're a moron.'"
Below the jump: Ken Morrow's "Because it's the Cup" clip...